Having some fun at Ft. Armistead Park

Reaction score
Vision+, totally stock, current firmware. Got out to around 4000'. Never lost video the entire flight, but control became spotty when I got near Ft. Carrol (the island fortress) and near the Key Bridge superstructure ( a lot of steel there). Wanted to fly back under the bridge, but didn't want to risk losing contact and a failsafe return where she might hit the bridge. Safer to stay high. The landing was a manual RTH switch command. Note to self: In the future make the home point a little further back from the water! :shock:

http://youtu.be/-5LnGjjQMY0

Nice Video.

I thought the same thing if you needed to use RTH, hopefully it cleared the water. Nice Job!

The Range is Crazy on this thing.... I had a P2V and even with the antenna mods, I never achieved those type of distances.
I'm super excited to get my new Plus in..... Video looked great !

That video is nothing short of AWESOME. First time I was on the edge of my seat for ANY Phantom video. Flying over the water and that bridge at the same time showed some HUGE kahunas. I need to know if you were nervous at all during any of that, cause I was nervous watching it.

Thank you BlackTracer. Though I have flown RC for many years, the Vision+ is the most expensive aircraft I own. The first time I flew it my hands were shaking like crazy. In the back of my head I was thinking "$1300 flyaway!" or "3-axis stabilizer failure." I have 12 flights on her so far. I wasn't too nervous when I launched for the bridge flyover, but when the control dropped out just as I approached the superstructure I did think quietly, "Uh oh..." :shock: That's why I stayed high so I knew it would clear on a RTH or Failsafe.

There is a little saying in the RC community: "Every aircraft has an expiration date!" Though I know this is true, I am becoming very confident in the Phantom's flight system. RTH has worked each and every time I've tested it. I wrote DJI's software team this morning and requested they allow us to set an RTH altitude, as this would be a great safety feature. They have already acknowledged & responded that they would look into my request. This thing is truly awesome!

Great video. I have both a V2 and V2plus. I have a hundred flights on the V2... but one day randomly while flying in open air... it lost all power into a 5 minute flight (full battery) and crashed to the ground. Thankfully no one was hurt. I am only mentioning this because, I too had MUCH confidence in the machine... but now I am very nervous when flying over cars and people as I know there is some bug in the machine that caused it to lose all power out of no where and DJI has yet to address it. So I'm just writing to let you know... don't ever get TOO confident and be extra careful above people and cars (especially those driving on a bridge!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav