Having jello issues

Reaction score
As the title says I'm having some jello issues and its a little annoying. This phantom is only a week old bought brand new. 5 flights total and some prior vids i have taken have no jello or almost unnoticeable. yet today the yellow is very evident. looked up some fixes and i found some things about a foam piece in between the gimbal dampers, i don't see one there, also don't see a protective film on the lens. Firmwares good, IMU good, gimbal cal good only thing i haven't done is balance props because i don't have a balance yet. But if someone can take a look at this video i took today and tell me if there is anything i can do. Jello starts really getting noticeable at 45-60 seconds into video.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to in your video. I saw 2 things that I can identify. One is in the top left and right of the screen starting at about :28 when you are flying forward... those are the props from the quad. They show up when you fly forward and your camera pitch is set at or above level horizon. When you fly forward, the quad crabs or tilts forward while the gimbal tries to keep the camera level, therefore lowering the front props into the field of view of the camera. Some times its shadows from the props causing a reflection on the lens. Either way this can be reduced or eliminated in a couple ways. The most common solution that reduces the effect especially during bright daylight is to use a Neutral Density (ND) filter on the lens. Usually a ND8 or ND16 will work. This basically causes the camera to have to use a slower shutter speed to compensate for the darkness of the filter, which in turn reduces the prop effect. The other, is to simply pitch down the camera a bit to a couple ticks below level horizon (indicated by the red tick in the app). Or you can fly backwards to get that same shot. Flying backwards causes the quad to crab or tilt backwards which raises the front props out of the way of the camera view.

The other flaw I saw was "pixelation" in the sky starting at about :45. This is an artifact of compression in the video. So the cause could be in the way you shot/converted/saved your video etc. Gets complicated.

My guess is the ND filter will provide you better results. Hopefully I've helped. Again, I'm not sure I am seeing the same problems you are seeing.

i was seeing at around 45 seconds the trees as i was ascending were starting to wiggle side to side. I'm not sure what would be different in how i saved the file and uploaded it, i do the same procedure each time. i just upload it to my mac straight from my sd. the others have turned out fine.
Also on the nd filter topic i haven't been able to find many filters that will fit the standard cam.

I finally got my P3 Standard in the air for the first time yesterday. After downloading the video I noticed the shaking or jello effect too. It appears to only do this when the camera is pointing straight ahead. When I tilt the gimbal down the shaking appears to stop. I have read about the set screw, but best I can tell mine is ok. I also did the cold IMU and gimbal calibration. It was about 38 F yesterday when I flew and I did notice that the gimbal was making a noise like it was still warming up, but this was several minutes later that it was still doing it. The noise stops when I tilt the gimbal down a bit, so I wonder if I need to adjust something with the gimbal settings. Any thoughts?

SAME ISSUE HELP!

@ nick4594 - I see it and I have the same issue with my 3-Standard (New bought in Dec 2015). I had an 3-Professional and never had this issue. I have even sent my 3-Standard back for service and received it back last week. Issue still there. Parts were replaced, however not informed what they were. I have balanced the props today and issue is still there. I have noticed WINDY condition do make it worse. If its a little gusty I see the Jello-Wave effect.

I personally think it's the engines. I have read many posts on how the Professional sounds different than the Standard from those who have owned both like me. As I said, I never had any issue with the Professional.

@ doctordrone - we are speaking of the waving through the video. The only response from anyone, everyone, youtube, and all forums is Balance Props, ND filter, shutter speed.

@ BDHX2 - You have a prop issue. That is a huge vibration.

SOMEONE HELP US - pass the filter, the balancing of the prop; does anyone have an answer that will help?

I've noticed my p3s will do the same only if I started the app indoors. Any chance u all r doing the same?

I did not start the app indoors. The footage that I posted was the first time I flew my P3s. I have flown it since then and have not noticed the jello effect as much so I don't think it was a prop issue. Maybe it was just an issue with cold weather and my IMU calibration being done at a warmer temp than it was outside.

Yes and no, but the footage in my first post is all outdoors. NEXT.... (lol).

Here is a funny one, I called SUPPORT @dji last night. The gentleman I spoke with, never heard of Jelly, Jello, or Wavy footage. REALLY!?! Thank you, have nice day... goodbye!

Yes and no, but the footage in my first post is all outdoors. NEXT.... (lol).

Here is a funny one, I called SUPPORT @dji last night. The gentleman I spoke with, never heard of Jelly, Jello, or Wavy footage. REALLY!?! Thank you, have nice day... goodbye!
U sound really SMART I"m sure u will figure this out by yourself!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20