Having issues with calibrating compass

Reaction score
This has been going on for some time. The only mods I have are a maxuav panel and 5 watt amp. On the drone itself I have a Marco polo hot glued on the right hand side rear battery compartment. Pretty much to the housing lip where the bat goes

It wont calibrate no matter what I do and there is no metal or interference around. In the middle if nowhere, but still gives interference warning.

Any fix for this? Thx

This has been going on for some time. The only mods I have are a maxuav panel and 5 watt amp. On the drone itself I have a Marco polo hot glued on the right hand side rear battery compartment. Pretty much to the housing lip where the bat goes

It wont calibrate no matter what I do and there is no metal or interference around. In the middle if nowhere, but still gives interference warning.

Any fix for this? Thx
The phantom 3 does have anttenna either side of inner shell,,have you tried with the Marco off the drone,here's a pic of my p3s but p3a would be in same location...i had bad reception that's why I moved mine outside,works good but could be interfering,mine did not like having strobes here,,,,,you could remove 2 screws in landing gear and check your compass module in leg looks ok
15649843122241572599925.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To find out if your modifications are the problem ... What do you get when you move or remove the additions?
Next thing to check is the Sensors display in your app settings .... what does it show for your compass?

@ianzone,
Marco in the same spot as yours, just using Velcro, some times it stuck on the dogs tag.
Marco and the Velcro have stuck together.

5 crashes around 100 meters up. I have found some tall trees

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

@Grumpy,
Look at the compass numbers, you view them in the IMU settings area.

Rod

@ianzone,
Marco in the same spot as yours, just using Velcro, some times it stuck on the dogs tag.
Marco and the Velcro have stuck together.

5 crashes around 100 meters up. I have found some tall trees

Rod
Wow I had no idea what going on till I see drone in trees,,,did you ever get them back,,I just buy a grappling hook for those occasions but thankfully not had to use yet,,I'll probly end up with 2 stuck up there ,,tree pruning in my blood so I would have to climb,,thanks for sharing that :)

There was just the one P3S two different videos. The tree got tired of it before I had a chance. I could stop and start the motors and camera while in the tree. It was 5 pieces on the ground.

I had made a simple hook, I wanted to hook the Phantom with fish line, then land it if I hooked the branch, etc, I was going to make another, try again.

@Grumpy,
We are getting board.. ;)

Rod

My post #5

@Meta4 was the first to ask:
Post #3

As @Meta4 posted "To find out if your modifications are the problem ... What do you get when you move or remove the additions? "
This is the best question, any thing that has been added to the Phantom.

Now its your turn.
Show us a picture of you compass data, or the values that are displayed, If you need some help, post back here.. ;) :)
There many smarter people here than I, they well help out also.;)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers