Having an incorrect no-fly zone removed

Reaction score
Long time Phantom 1 pilot and looking to upgrade to a Inspire 1. Before I purchase, I have an issue where I would be spending 90% of my time flying that is flagged as a no-fly zone. Literal red circle on the map right where I fly.

This particular spot used to be an Air Force Auxiliary landing strip, but was decommissioned about 20 years ago and is now home to a park, buildings, shopping center, and lots of open space. Interestingly enough, this was 1 of 3 aux landing strips in the immediate area and it is the only one that is flagged. The other 2 strips haven't been developed and can still be used for emergency landings.

That being said, how can one get this area 'removed.'

I will be heading to the NAB conference in a couple weeks and was planning to ask DJI while I was there, but I was curious to know if there are other options.

Have tried flying there before?

Well there isn't much DJI can for you if it is restricted. But does your P1 have the latest no -fly zones installed in it?

Who creates the no-fly zones/maps? Where does DJI get that info?

I do not have the latest firmware on the P1. I had issues with a newer version a while back and have been running on a previous version. (Which does not have no-fly zones as well)

DJI get that info government data base.
Which firmware are you running on your P1?

The FAA creates the zones in the USA. Practically any military base is one.
I'd contact DJI via email and give them the GPS of the strip.
They can then remove it from their list.
As I understand it, the no fly rules only come in effect in gps mode.

DJI's no fly zones are laughable. Half of downtown Chicago is a no fly zone as result of Meigs Field which hasn't been operational since 2003 yet Burbank and Long Beach airports in Los Angeles aren't on it.

Affects all modes of flight unless you disable the GPS.

Where I live in Lawrence, KS, I've always been able to fly in my backyard. I couldn't figure out why when I went to fly today, it is now classified as a no fly zone. When I checked the map to make sure I was out of a no fly zone area clearly I was a couple of miles outside of it. Thoughts? How do I fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.