HAVENT UPDATED P2 FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS. WORTH MORE?

Reaction score
I hadn't flown my P2 for about two years now; once the original batteries started to go I never replaced them and just put everything in the closet. This was right before DJI started rolling out with their software updates restricting flights around certain areas. I have not updated the software since then... is this drone worth more now that it doesn't have those flight restrictions?

The White House lawn crash was Jan 2015 IIRC and it was shortly after that the firmware was updated with restricted areas. If that's the FW upgrade you're referring to, then your AC would have to be in the closet for closer to three years to have missed it, unless you deliberately didn't upgrade.

Not necessarily. My P2 has been flown frequently and is in 3.08.
No OEM batts being available is a big factor though.

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the info. I'd honestly have to check now and see. Like I mentioned, after my original batteries shot I just put the thing the closet.

I found a really nice battery a couple months ago. There are tons, and I mean tons of horrible AM batteries out there for the P2. And that sucks because we can't find a legit DJI even if we were willing to pay the price and buy one. But this latest AM I found seems to behave just as well as a legit DJI battery. It runs like a champ again and again. Recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5FCJ29/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found a really nice battery a couple months ago. There are tons, and I mean tons of horrible AM batteries out there for the P2. And that sucks because we can't find a legit DJI even if we were willing to pay the price and buy one. But this latest AM I found seems to behave just as well as a legit DJI battery. It runs like a champ again and again. Recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5FCJ29/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Dronefly has a few left for around 89. Just emailed them today .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj