Have you ever thought.....

Reaction score
I was just perusing the forums, and I'm reading (most...actually some) of the threads about people doing stupid things with their equipment. I realize that not every person that owns one does stupid things with it. For example....flying onto the white house lawn, flying close to an airport/aircraft
I noticed in each and every single news article one word that came up (more than once)
I'm sure you know what word I'm talking about.
It got me to thinking, do you think that 'word' has left a bad taste in the public's mouth? When society hears it, they think..'Oh its bad' 'Put more regulations in there' etc.
I definitely think so.
Again, I am pretty sure you know what word I'm talking about..... DRONE

The reason why I think so, is because before I bought mine (P3A), I have heard my parents talk about that they shouldn't be allowed to be sold, etc. (after them seeing news reports on TV about them). About 2 weeks after I got mine, I finally got to fly it (had been either too windy, or too cold to fly), I came back with it in my Nanuk 945 case, and my dad asked me what I had in there. I just about said the D-word, but I thought quickly and said 'Quadcopter' and he said, 'oh ok'. I knew he was't gonna like me saying the other word.

So, do you think we would get a better view from society if we started saying 'Quadcopter' instead of 'Drone'? UAV is not as good, but I think could be better.

I like drone society and some people are just simple minded doesn't matter what you call it.

I find that most people, at least where I live, understand "drone" to be more of something like a Phantom, and either don't know what a quadcopter is, or consider quadcopter to only mean small, palm-sized toys.

I've been watching people's reaction when I tell them I am getting one. I'd say 90% raise an eyebrow and some bring up "filming people" while the remainder are evenly split between "why would you want one" to "thats going to be awesome".

Words change. Cowboy used to be an insult, Christian, too. Drone will calm down and it's way easier to say than anything else.

I wish we could say quad but most people think ATV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4