Have you ever seen a crack here before?

Reaction score
I was just about to head out for a flight, checking things over and found this. **** it! It is three months old and I really do not want to send it away and risk getting it back in worse condition or trust that something else will not go wrong. It flies perfect as it is...well before the cracks. I guess it is still safe to fly like this? I put a zip tie on the arm for a little extra strength. I guess they do come in handy. It feels pretty solid and I did a short test flight, it seems okay.
I never hit anything and always hand catch it when landing and it is kept in a molded case when I do not use it. Geeze this is disappointing.
How do I get in touch with DJI to start a a warranty claim?

Attachments

• IMAG5564.jpg
    IMAG5564.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,070
  • IMAG5565.jpg
    IMAG5565.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,018
  • IMAG5566.jpg
    IMAG5566.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,025
dji will fix it for free

Reactions: HWCM
Reactions: Doink and HWCM
Yeah, I knew about the plastic cracking, I had never seen it here before.
I know it will be covered under the warranty. I just do not want to get it back and have another random issue with it like others on here. I guess they would repair this one and not send me a refurbished unit?

Yeah, I knew about the plastic cracking, I had never seen it here before.
I know it will be covered under the warranty. I just do not want to get it back and have another random issue with it like others on here. I guess they would repair this one and not send me a refurbished unit?
I think they replace the shell. You can ask specifically for it and state that don't want a refurbished unit.

I had similar cracks on the bottom shell close to yours. I sent it back to DJI and they replaced both shells and sent it back. Not including shipping time to Los Angeles, it only took them 2 days to fix it and send it back. I was very pleased with the warranty response.

wow thats a huge crack,
I get mine back this Thursday
3 weeks from the time I sent it, till I got it back, when I received the notice that they got it, that same day I got the notice it was fixed and repaired ,lol

I think they just gave me a refurb? I guess I'll find out. I had special stickers on mine

I am on the phone with Amazom Prime, The lady I am speaking to said that they can not get in contact with the third party seller I purchased it from and they will issue me a full refund as a (something) claim? It was broken English, some kind of claim. She did not say anything about sending this one back to the seller. I guess since they can not contact them.
The only thing is that I got this one on sale for $620. and to replace it will be $100 more. But I guess I would have some spare parts.

I had similar cracks on the bottom shell close to yours. I sent it back to DJI and they replaced both shells and sent it back. Not including shipping time to Los Angeles, it only took them 2 days to fix it and send it back. I was very pleased with the warranty response.
I am on the East coast, so it would probably be a little longer.

wow thats a huge crack,
I get mine back this Thursday
3 weeks from the time I sent it, till I got it back, when I received the notice that they got it, that same day I got the notice it was fixed and repaired ,lol

I think they just gave me a refurb? I guess I'll find out. I had special stickers on mine
Yeah I know. I even turned the brake down so it would not jerk so hard and sudden when slowing down, I ease off the sticks also instead of just releasing them because the way it stops is so sudden and at full speed looks like it could flip.

Reactions: flpholt
I am on the phone with Amazom Prime, The lady I am speaking to said that they can not get in contact with the third party seller I purchased it from and they will issue me a full refund as a (something) claim? It was broken English, some kind of claim. She did not say anything about sending this one back to the seller. I guess since they can not contact them.
The only thing is that I got this one on sale for $620. and to replace it will be $100 more. But I guess I would have some spare parts.

you're gonna have to send it back regardless, they won't let you just keep a 700 dollar drone. but still, if they send you a new one that's awesome. on sale or not, they should just exchange it, send old one, get new one.

I have same crack like you, I also don‘t want send it back to DJI if get another issue after that(heard too many case have other issue after repair), so, I fixed with epoxy glue, then after 2 flight so far still ok, no break anymore
IMAG1130_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1130_1.jpg
    IMAG1130_1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 430
you're gonna have to send it back regardless, they won't let you just keep a 700 dollar drone. but still, if they send you a new one that's awesome. on sale or not, they should just exchange it, send old one, get new one.
But if it is a third party seller and Amazon can not contact them, maybe they are no longer selling on Amazon? Who would i send it back to? In the email I got from Amazon, it said that a refund would be issued if no contact was made from the seller. After a few days, I have to contact Amazon. The email also said that the seller would advise me on their return policy? What if they never contact me?
Oh well, As long as it gets fixed or replaced.

I will give you 100$ for the cracked one and that way you brake even!!
I'm a nice guy like that.
So how about it ? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had mine since January, flew it once indoors, clipped a large plant and flipped upside down and landed hard on a tiled floor, similar outside when I clipped a tree and landed hard on a tarmac path upside down, never hand catch either and mines fine, checked with magnifying glass and it's spotless, the only cracking I have is with the RC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31