Have things changed in antenna alignment for P4P?

Reaction score
I'm still getting familiar with my new P4P and so far if I have to describe it in one word it would be "solid". It havent done single unexpected thing so far. Yet I still have some questions I can't find answer in supplied manual. One of them is antenna alignment. In P3P it was straight forward, RC antennas should be parallel to each other and as parallel as possible to Phantom vertical part of legs. There was a nice video tutorial explaining that which didn't leave any doubts.
Now, for P4P there is no video tutorial but there is this:

antenna_position_p4p.png

I have no idea what does that mean although it would explain reports that windsurfers are not working anymore. Can someone shed some light on this?

It's the same for all phantom models.

Not worth worrying about.

I'm assuming you're referring to the video below. It applies to both the P3 and P4.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm assuming you're referring to the video below. It applies to both the P3 and P4.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, that's the one. Rare example of clear instructions by DJI :) That worked well for me and my P3P but things are not that great with P4P. I just can't get pass 2km where I did 5km+ with P3P. Today I went in the middle of nowhere, zero available wifi networks, poor GSM signal and a clear view from a 400m hill. My RC is set to AUTO and so far it was always locked to 5G band and never switched to 2.4G no matter what was signal doing. On this remote location it immediately went to 2.4G, but that didn't help me get pass 2km mark. I really can't think of more ideal conditions than that so I was hoping I did something wrong and only thing I thought of is antenna positioning.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Not worth worrying about.

I've wondered the same thing. So do you angle the two antennae at 45-degrees or 90-degrees as illustrated in the OPs post? I've been using 90-degrees most of the time as I think it makes the most sense overall for how I fly. Also, do you ever angle them away from one another once they are at 45 or 90?

Vertical is optimum unless near or directly overhead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.