Have I warranty for my DJI Phantom Intelligent Battery?

Reaction score
I bought my P3SE 2 monts ago, and the original battery stopped to work after 7-8 charging.
I bought the drone from Geekbuying, they say, that they doesn't give warranty for drones:
"GeekBuying offers 1 year warranty for Consumer Electronic products such as TV BOX, TABLET, CELLPHONE, GAMEPAD, SECURITY ITEMS and so on (RC quadcopter is not in the scope of this warranty)"
Can I get warrianty from the manufacturer, from DJI?

Thank you very much for your answer.
I started the process on online support site, which seems to be very professional.

I hope the process will be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
It seems, the answer will be no?
DJI doesn't give warrianty for his Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery? ! ?

The story is: The original battery of my new P3SE stopped to work after 2 months usage.
I readed after sales policy of DJI, and analyzed the limitations, but haven't fund any point which would say that I have no warrianty.
Policy say for warrianty period:
Battery - 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times​

So I go to online support site, recorded all the requested data, and followed the instruction, sended the battery to the adress given by the support side, to Germany.
After two weeks, today a get mail from DJI Support, which says:
I have to pay 184,7 Euro bank feesmust be covered by customer
Remark: "no warranty - defective, non european battery // after repair/replacement, faulty unit or parts will not be returned"
What?
Why is no warranty?
Defective? Of course it is defective, that's why I sended back to service!
Non european? Of course it is non european, it is Chinese, as all other part of phantom is non european, but chinese!

This is an original DJI Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery, what was arrived with the P3SE. I have the photos of it:
IMG_20171230_215124.jpg IMG_20171230_215144.jpg
How is it possible, that there is no warranty for this product of DJI? ! ?

And what can I do now?

Last edited:
After Sales Policy says:
"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

May be I would have to send my battery to China, because the distributor have delivered it from there? But in this case why told me the online support site to send it to Germany?

Last edited:
I think the lipo warranty thing becomes complicated when you're purchasing from different countries due to shipping laws. For example, lipos can be shipped to the US, but can't be shipped from the US. So the language of the battery warranty takes that into account.

I see, After Sales Policy says:
"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

And even DJI Susan answered to me:
"Per the SN you offered, it is the Chinese version which is only available in China Mainland market. Due to the non-global warranty, we're sorry the EU local team can not offer you the warranty service. You may consider to send it in to China Mainland for warranty claim."

Open question, how will I get back my battery, and if I pay for second delivery, will I really get warranty service from China service?

I'll give a real life example. I'm in the USA. I bought an aftermarket battery on eBay and it was shipped from China. It arrived. There was something wrong with it. So I told the seller it was a bad battery. He tried to negotiate a ten dollar refund with me and I said no, I want a full refund. He really had no choice since I paid with paypal. So he agreed if I'd ship it back. So I went to the post office and the postmaster himself told me they cannot ship a lipo overseas. No exceptions. So I went back to my computer and told the seller this. He then asked if I'd accept the total cost of the battery minus $10 which is what I'd have paid for shipping anyway. I said ok. So he then said I could keep the battery and he then refunded my cost minus $10. He had no other options.

Imagine if I was dishonest or I had 100 friends or 1,000 friends who were also dishonest. We could buy 1,000 batteries and say they were bad and we'd get 1,000 refunds and be able to keep 1,000 batteries.

I think that explains the language of the battery warranty.

It is a strange situation in the USA, here in Europe I have no issue with the delivery, my deffective DJI product is at DJI service. The big question mark is, if I will get back something at all?

Report of current state:
I got back the deffective battery from Germany,
DJI's answer is for my question - my drone was delivered from China, so I can get repair service only in China, which means, that I have to find someone in China, if I want have warranty service.
I'm searching now...

I also got a bad Battery for my p3se. luckily when my girlfriend got me the p3se she also got me a spare battery from amazon. The name of the battery is odec and i bought another and i have about 25 cycles on both and they are great. 22 Minutes on a cold day. They are 60$ on amazon. Cheaper then the phantom battery and worked better then my OG phantom battery.

I also got a bad Battery for my p3se. luckily when my girlfriend got me the p3se she also got me a spare battery from amazon. The name of the battery is odec and i bought another and i have about 25 cycles on both and they are great. 22 Minutes on a cold day. They are 60$ on amazon. Cheaper then the phantom battery and worked better then my OG phantom battery.
I bought an Odec battery as well, but I'm not fully happy with it. I do not like that it's LED have only very limited brightness.
Second problem, tha after I put it on drone the app started to spam the "firmware upgrade needed" message :/
My favorite 3th party battery is from BatteryUpgrade:
http://www.batteryupgrade.com/shopB...hType=searchByshopGroup#/shopGroupId/37211358

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj