have I recieved incorrect Gimbal model

Reaction score
Hi . I just bought a package with Phantom 2 and H3-3D Gimbal included But when I try to assemble it I get many parts that I have no clue where to put.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOoU-RftvV8

I did not receive any anti interference board But instead I received a GCU v2, but It seems soldering is required. that was the whole purpose that I bought it together so I would not void warranty to assemble the gimbal.

Are there different H3-3D models?

Any thoughts?

The GCU looks like this
http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-zenmuse-h ... -8921.html

And I also received some flat cable that does not fit anywhere. I'm at work now, will photo it when I get home.

But I hope someone can answer anyway. maybe the Phantom 2 ready H3-3D gimbals was out of stock and the store I bought them though it was the same thing? if there are different models that is.

honcho said:
Hi . I just bought a package with Phantom 2 and H3-3D Gimbal included But when I try to assemble it I get many parts that I have no clue where to put.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOoU-RftvV8

I did not receive any anti interference board But instead I received a GCU v2, but It seems soldering is required. that was the whole purpose that I bought it together so I would not void warranty to assemble the gimbal.

Are there different H3-3D models?

Any thoughts?

The Zenmusse Gimbal for the Phantom 2 does not come with a GCU. Does the box your Gimbal came in actually have a round silver label on it with printed black lettering saying for Phantom 2 Only ? If not then you have the wrong gimbal.

is it unusable for phantom 2 or shall I just skip the GCU? because I can connect the Gimbal directly via the flat cable that comes out of one of the phantom "legs" unfortunately I have not received my Gopro yet so I cannot test it this week.

honcho said:
is it unusable for phantom 2 or shall I just skip the GCU? because I can connect the Gimbal directly via the flat cable that comes out of one of the phantom "legs" unfortunately I have not received my Gopro yet so I cannot test it this week.

You can use it without the GCU on the Phantom2 as the Phantom2 main board has that functionality built in but if you use FPV then you may find you get interference on the FPV picture without the anti interference board. Some people do some don't.

Mine came with the flat cable that you talk of as well which isn't needed in the installation.

Just the interference board (not essential, although you should have received it) and the cable that hangs down from the Phantom itself.

I received that version with the GCU - It works the same as the phantom 2 only version - EXCEPT the P2 version comes without the GCU and includes the anti-interference board.

There's a lot of mis-information about this anti-interference board. It simply helps eliminate the dodgy FPV signal and IOSD overlay. It does not help eliminate 'jello'. Jello is simply down to mechanics i.e. vibration, not electrical interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik