Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Have a Drone? Check This Map Before You Fly It [Wired.com]

Discussion in 'News' started by seminole360, Jul 23, 2014.

1. rrhansen

Re: Have a Drone? Check This Map Before You Fly It [Wired.co

That is a GREAT website - nice work. Did you create it (work for wired.com?), or know who did? Kudos to the originator.
    Thanks for sharing.

2. seminole360

No, it just showed up in my twitter feed and I thought the same thing you did. It's worth noting that if you see a no-fly zone missing, you can submit your own.

3. Elginet

This map is lacking logic....at least in the Chicago/NE Illinois. There's shaded areas around O'Hare airport but not the actual Class B Airspace. Also one shaded area for DPA but not one for ARR? They're both controlled towers. Why one and not the other?

Just for those reasons alone, I think this map should be not be taken to heart.