Has my Zenmuse been installed correctly? X3 connecter Q.

Reaction score
As I said in my other thread, my Zenmuse was installed by a DJI dealer.
I opened up the Phantom the other day to take a look around and I noticed that in all of the "How to fit your Zenmuse" videos, the cable that runs from the board to the X3 port is always removed and replaced by the cable running from the Zenmuse PMU V2.

However, on my Phantom - the cable running from the main board is still plugged in to X3 and the spare cable from the Zenmuse PMU V2 isn't plugged in to anything. The gimbal seems to work (apart from the issues I've explained here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2730) - but should I go ahead and swap the cable over as per all of the instructions and videos I've found online? What does that cable actually do?

Thanks!

Yes you should. It's the voltage-sensing circuit. Won't affect your gimbal at all, but will affect whether the NAZA gets a proper voltage reading from the battery. I suppose in theory since you are still using the main board (you can actually remove it if you have a PMU-V2, but that's another topic entirely) it's still providing a VSENS signal to X3, so it's probably not "hurting" anything.

You could verify this by connecting to USB and opening NAZA Assistant and seeing if the Phantom is reporting a battery voltage on the main page.

Thanks for the reply MrMediaGuy.
I've tried checking in NAZA assistant but I have to upgrade my firmware to V4 to see anything and I'm reluctant to do so given the issues I've seen reported so far.

FWIW, the only issue I have seen with 4.0 is the buggy behavior with the distance limit feature. Set the limit to something impossible like 50000m and you won't have any problems. Otherwise 4.0 works brilliantly -- best firmware I've seen in a long while, particularly for overall stability and GPS performance.

MrMediaGuy said:
FWIW, the only issue I have seen with 4.0 is the buggy behavior with the distance limit feature. Set the limit to something impossible like 50000m and you won't have any problems. Otherwise 4.0 works brilliantly -- best firmware I've seen in a long while, particularly for overall stability and GPS performance.

YUP - I agree, once they sort the bug with the limits feature this version seems to be good. Take off seems smoother and GPS hold seems 'tighter'
Now... If they can sort that **** Limits feature........ :shock:

Interesting - because in all honesty I wouldn't use the limits feature I don't think. I use my Phantom for filming rather than fun flying - so there's not many instances where it's more than 3 or 400 meters from me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj