Has anyone used an Ipad with their FC40 cam?

Reaction score
I've got access to a first generation iPad. Model # MC492LL/A.

Will it work?

How can it be mounted?

EH, never mind. The first gens I can get a hold of only go up to IOS 5.1.1.
FC40 cam requires IOS 6 or higher... bummer....

I really wanted to use the much larger screen.....

I'm open to suggestions. Maybe a base model android type pad for just this purpose?

Samsung Galaxy Tab or Asus MemoPad HD 7

The Asus works great. You can make or find a piece of wood (or anything else the size of a phone) that would fit in the mount.
Put velcro on it and on the back of your pad and the created piece. Voila!

I even made a sunshade while I get the one off eBay for it out of a box of cereal, wrapped black tape around it and cut out a square hole in the back for the vecro strips to connect and it works and looks awesome.

The MemoPad runs for about 150$ around here in Canada, fantastic little cheap tablet.

I have used the iPad 2 with my FC40 camera. I have used my HTC EVO with it too and I prefer Android devices with this camera. Using iOS devices with it is flaky in my experience.

I used to use an iPad for my ar drone and during the summer on a hot day the **** thing would shut down due to over heating.

FYI iPads will overheat if in a case while in the sun

My iPhone does that sometimes

I used my ipad mini but don't like using it due not having a proper mount for it yet(it works great for the fpv)

It works with the iPad air. I did it just to try it out. I use my iPhone most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31