Has anyone tried these cheap ND filters from ebay?

They are working perfect for me.
Were there any fine scratches on your filters you received? I got a filter from a member here for a great price and it had fine scratches on it. Don't know if they affect it, but it just felt cheap and all around a pain to have to sit there and peel out an o-ring to add an ND filter.

I'm interested in hearing more details of your experience with these.

I agree that I would much rather get a filter that I can just screw on. That's a lot of work to unscrew it and replace the filter . . . especially if you will be shooting in different lighting on the same day. But the price is nice for these.

IMG_0698.JPG
You got to remember these are very thin Rosco filters made from a very thin plastic film..these were originally meant to be put on windows ect to knock down the sun light for filming..it comes in rolls of ND2, 3, 4 ,8, 16, ect, you can get a thousand these small cut outs from a single roll. image the money you could make at 150 to $250 a roll..lol...first of all if you touch these with your fingers and get prints on them or even a little moisture forget about wiping them clean, they will scratch very very very easy. Plus throw in warpage trying to take out and switch filters, these are not photo filters, they would never put these in front of a camera lens in the film industry. there is nothing better that real glass photo filters. But all said i will probable try them...I just hate paying 20 bucks or more for a 10 cent product..lol

No scratches, No dents, fine cut. They are in good excellent absolutely tack sharp new condition. I spent 12 dollars and I am not regretful.

I bought the one for $80. Slips on and off great. I know it's not cheap but it works great and no jello now. Worth it.

Those look really good to Fhagan, But i like the lens hood on the ragecams to get the best possible exposure

They are working perfect for me.

How do they perform when they are directed into the sun? lets say in a sunset.
I have some ND gels that where provided here in the forum, but they do bad in facing the sun.
Captura de pantalla 2015-06-26 18.59.14.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2015-06-26 18.59.14.jpg

thats why you need true lens filters and not gels that are used to put in front of lights, use a POLARIZER to cut glare also a lens hood will help a lot with exposure. Check these out RageCams will probable set you up with any combo....
http://ragecams.com/shop/circular-polarizer-filtersun-hood-phantom3-camera-p-804.html

Do you have these ragecams? How much do they weigh? They look pretty flimsy, sort of like tin with glass, but if they are real glass and they work, why not..... Do they fit on top of the already screwed on stock uv filter or do you remove the stock uv filter and then slide this on?

My first quick test video with rage cams ND-100 Glass Optics Neutral Density Filter , its nice and light, slips over uv lens and has a small lens hood built in. I have to say i'm pretty happy with it. this was shot mid day full sun at 1080p/24..before i got this everything would get washed out from the sun....next on my list will be ND-6 and 8 and a polarizer.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Reactions: PhantomFilters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik