Has anyone tried mounting an iPhone as a camera?

Reaction score
Crazy talk, I'm sure. I've been messing with this on my FC40... clarity and color of video from the iPhone is SO much better than the FC40 cam, and I can still use the FC40 for FPV. But the FC40 mount is struggling with the iPhone (I've got it mounted piggyback to the FC40 with 3M Dual Lock strips) and it's just CMOS jello almost the entire time (with a few moments of clarity that make me think this is worth pursuing). I did try shooting in slow-motion mode and that seems to turn out better but still rough.

I've just ordered a gimbal and I'm thinking with a little tuning and creative mounting, I might get better results. Just wondering if anyone else has tried. GoPros are expensive and my hobby budget is taking a beating with this new toy.

I know I'm living dangerously flying my iPhone around but I'm only experimenting close to home (and praying for no flyaways).

Hi

Did you ever get a gimbal made up ?
I have a new streaming app and the images would be great.

Thanks

Drew

Crazy talk, I'm sure. I've been messing with this on my FC40... clarity and color of video from the iPhone is SO much better than the FC40 cam, and I can still use the FC40 for FPV. But the FC40 mount is struggling with the iPhone (I've got it mounted piggyback to the FC40 with 3M Dual Lock strips) and it's just CMOS jello almost the entire time (with a few moments of clarity that make me think this is worth pursuing). I did try shooting in slow-motion mode and that seems to turn out better but still rough.

I've just ordered a gimbal and I'm thinking with a little tuning and creative mounting, I might get better results. Just wondering if anyone else has tried. GoPros are expensive and my hobby budget is taking a beating with this new toy.

I know I'm living dangerously flying my iPhone around but I'm only experimenting close to home (and praying for no flyaways).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31