Has anyone replaced their landing gear?

I have the "red wine" version. I replaced the Simensays set because my P1.5 loaded caused the Simensays to flex

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 671
Now thats a hot paint job!

Are those red wines holding up well? I noticed they seem to have slip together parts. At least thats how it appeard on Ebay...

The problem with extended landing gear is with them showing up in the camera view. What I have done is used a pair of long 3/16" (4.5M) diameter fiberglass dowels. Attach them to the side of the landing gear at the bottom with a light zip tie on each at the front and rear corners of the gear.
The dowels can be slid rearward if having them in the camera view is objectionable. This can be done easily (at your own risk) while hovering after liftoff. (Poor man's retractable landing gear) I can post fix if anyone is interested.

2014fc40 said:
Now thats a hot paint job!

Are those red wines holding up well? I noticed they seem to have slip together parts. At least thats how it appeard on Ebay...

These are alot stronger than the previous Simensays I had and they have a little flex that helps in those rough landing situations. Iadded a little hot glue to the "T" fitting center bottom of each gear to keep them from spinning on the carbon fibre tubes.

Re: legs in videos - these adjust forward and backwards and I have zero issues with feet showing up in videos.

Paint job makes seeing it alot easier

EMCSQUAR said:
I have the "red wine" version. I replaced the Simensays set because my P1.5 loaded caused the Simensays to flex

I've been thinking about getting that landing gear as well. The current landing gear I have is way too narrow for the way I land. :lol:

I'm torn between that, and this one.

FUM-PT002c.jpg

What I liked about this one is that I could mount the extra stuff (most likely the iOSD and my Tracker) on the sides. The only downside I can see right now is that the bottom piece needs to be glued, but I suppose they don't need to be added but I kinda wanted the longer skids to avoid tip-overs.

I'm still debating though.. because I want to get the backpack with the holes pre-cut, and will be permanent so I'm not sure yet. :lol:

Did you get these off Ebay? Link?

I notice a lot of these quads in the landing gear ads have motor extensions. Any real value in adding a few inches to the "motorbase"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers