Has anyone installed a boscam transmitter?

Ptb

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a Boscam FPV TS5833 5.8G 2000mW AV Transmitter to fit to my Phantom 2.

Has anyone else out there done this? Is it an easy job? I have currently got a fpv transmitter fitted, the one my phantom came with, not sure the brand. But it has 2 sockets on it, one 2 pin with red and black cables (Power?) and the other wider 5 pin socket has has a black and yellow cable (Video?) I have heard it may involve soldering cables to the main board. Could anyone guide me through the fitment, or direct me to somewhere that can fit it for me? I am in Hampshire UK.

Thanks!

2000mW!!!! holy moley.
I'd want to take a tap right from the main power on the board. 2000mW is going to draw some serious current.

Personally, I wouldn't install it. That's so much transmission power you are bound to interfere with your GPS receiver and probably leak all over the place interfering with other systems.

The thing is, bigger isn't better in the RC world. People with 500mW video transmitters have gone out over 80 miles with planes using the right antennas. With 2000mW you are just adding a load of weight, drawing a load of current and running the risk of it interfering with other systems.

Get yourself a 250mW Immersion and some good spironet or helical antennas.

I have that transmiter connected to my phantom, it works great, i used a dji cable hub to connect everything and had to make a cable to fit the boscam to the hub, on how to make the cable are in the boscam transmiter instructions, good luck

Sana

I have and learned the hard way. The package and webpage description specifies Immersion RC, Fatshark and DJI compatible. That said, I purchased and installed and it burned up my Phantom 2 board an including possibly the Transmitter also (Still in Return status pending) Schematics and pix do not describe polarity between switching to different transmitters (Immersion to Boscam) just states they are compatible... Use Caution before connecting and powering up!! In any case Yes, repurchased TX5822 and works flawlessly, much better than IM-RC 600. Once you start venturing into deep woods and forest canyons they do, and will be subject to loss of picture. Spent allot of money on all sorts of helicals, patches, clover and several generics.. Line of sight, and everything between is fair play.. I'm getting roughly @14min flight..
This video will help as far as polarity is concerned, Good Luck!! I now have an interchangeable harness if needs being to interchange transmitters..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRjxXlM0M-s

Thanks for the replies. I have sent the phantom 2 and transmitter to the dealer who recommended the transmitter to instal it for me. As someone has said, it needs to take it's power directly from the main board. I don't have the skill needed to do this myself I have decided.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20