Has ANYONE Found a Way to use Dashware with P3 Pro Videos without having to "Pay to Play" solutions?

Reaction score
Firstly let me apologize if this seems like a redundant thread; there are several developed and available tools available already that great pilots and talented developers have spent countless hours on, but I am interested in the purely "Video Download Gauge Overlay" and specifics as to how to go about using them with the freely available Dashware software.

Not Post Mortem Analysis, or Battery Info, or Motor Rev Calibrations, just some "Cockpit" type informational Gauge and Data overlays in Dashware without having to pay somebody else to convert the data and then give me a GUI to add them to my video.

Is there ANYONE out there that knows HOW to do this and would be willing to share it with me? I HAVE SEEN videos of flights with what I am referring to; Altitude, Air Speed, Direction, Distance from Home, Total distance flown, stuff like that.

ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP for a novice like myself?

Thank you all in advance,

AJ Lebeau

Not to sure what your asking mate,?

In dashware you import the log file for the flight , you can get this by uploading your logs to healthydrones and then download the CSV file and then choose a gauge, you can edit the gauge settings and choose which field from the log file you want to use

I did a video on using a battery gauge for the P3 here.

I tried downloading latest dash ware and doesn't work. I tried on two different windows machines. Not sure anyone else has this issue? I want to try these overlays.

I just tonight downloaded Dashware to my Win 10 PC and HD Sync to my iPad to get the flight files. I used Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones to upload and process my flight files. I was able to use a 1980 x 1080 flight video and produce a video with gages following a youtube tutorial. I used a different gage though:

Here is the rendered video. Dashware doubled the size of the video file probably due to lack of efficient encoding. I re-processed the video w/gages thru my video editing software and size returned to normal.

Last edited:
I tried downloading latest dash ware and doesn't work. I tried on two different windows machines. Not sure anyone else has this issue? I want to try these overlays.
I just tonight downloaded Dashware to my Win 10 PC and had no issues. Runs fine. What errors are you getting?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl