Has anyone crashed because of these "Stress Cracks" around the motor mounts?

Reaction score
With all of the "Stress Cracks" threads out there, I hate to make a new one but I've read thru a ton of them and I haven't noticed anyone crashing their P3 because of it.

I have small cracks on both back arms and I am tempted to just use the zip tie method around the arms.

So I'll ask the question here...

Will these cracks let the motor fall out or let the shell separate to the point that a crash results?

If this is an inappropriate thread because it's been answered already, then I apologize and a mod can delete this thread.

Thanks.

Will these cracks let the motor fall out or let the shell separate to the point that a crash results?
It has happened at least once. There are pics of that crash in a thread somewhere around here.

Reactions: brianb87
Yes there have been a few where one motor gets loose. Most people seem to spot it and stop flying. Like driving with a flat tyre. You just don't do it to crash.

I had a fatal crash, I spotted the cracks and reinforced with strong plastic cement as recommended by other members, I went out and flew and after about 10 minutas I lost control and crashed on cement, gimbal and camera are destroyed ( I had a gimbal protector, didnt work, as the camera support broke), when I arrived the bird was smoked, probably a short circuit inside. Also the body broke.

I dont know what to do

I had a fatal crash, I spotted the cracks and reinforced with strong plastic cement as recommended by other members, I went out and flew and after about 10 minutas I lost control and crashed on cement, gimbal and camera are destroyed ( I had a gimbal protector, didnt work, as the camera support broke), when I arrived the bird was smoked, probably a short circuit inside. Also the body broke.

I dont know what to do
Unless one of the motors was unattached, that's unlikely to be related to cracks.
For what to do .... see this post:
signal lost and just fell for no apparent reason | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj