Hardware upgrade from DJI P2 to DJI P2V+

Reaction score
I own a P2V+ bought a few months ago.

I decided to buy a new P2 with the improved motors, thrust etc - it was similar cost to buying all upgrades separately and allows resale options.

I want to take the parts off the P2V+ that the P2 is missing (camera, gimbal and related guts) and put it on the new P2 - that shouldnt be a problem right? What internal guts must be moved if any?

Otherwise I would have to swap parts from the new P2 to the P2V+ and that seems like the backwards method.

Input?

The P2's 2.4Ghz RX would need to be changed for the P2V+'s 5.8Ghz RX.
Then you'd need the Wifi transmitter, antennas, gimbal voltage stabilizer, and associated ribbon cables from inside the P2V+.
Of course the gimbal bracket, gimbal, etc.
You'd have to decide what to do about the hole for the cables. Not sure what the P2 has in this regard.
You'd need to swap the stickers with the QR codes, too (or make photocopies and tape them over the others').

It would probably be easier to move the motors and ESCs from the new P2 to the P2V+.

Thanks all. CityZen, I think I agree with you that I will strip/swap the motors/ESC units and then try and sell p2 as a non-upgraded phantom...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik