Hardshell Backpack, don't make the mistake I did.

Reaction score
All,

Managed to snap the housing that the antenna sits in on the controller by using the straps incorrectly. If you have the hardshell backpack then make sure that you strap in the controller by going underneath the 2 antenna and not over the top like I did. I have also seen it done this way in a few promo photos too.

Great backpack by the way

Sorry to hear about your radio destruction. I feed that secure strap under the metal handle on the Tx as well. Fits a little better this method.
Yes, the @dji hard shell backpack is a marvellous addition to my Phantom 3 Pro' kit. It was well worth the price of admission, to protect this rather costly investment, keeping the bird safe and insulated from the environment. Snug as a bug in a rug. Hahaha
To think! I had been carting it around town, just using the cardboard shipping container it was purchased in. ;-)
Not a wise choise. Probably Ok for storing, sure it is fine there, but it was not quite up to snuff, for transporting, while on a SpYder rYde.

RedHotPoker

I have the hardshell backpack and have always strapped underneath the antenna's.

Thanks for your post though.

@Tricky,
How old is your original iPad? I also have an almost 'prehistoric iPad 3", Sadly that model, just isn't powerful enough to run the Go App efficiently. The CPU isn't up to the task. You need minimally an A7. The Air 2 runs an A8X. The 'brand-newest" models have an A9X CPU. (X designates for larger screen size).Besides my iPad 3, wouldn't even allow the download of the older @dji Pilot App. Have you tried it yourself already, so were you able, to install Go App onto your iPad? I'm not sure that elder device would work well either. Also, does it fit in the radio controller device holder?

When en route, to either one of my several favourite take-off spots, to release the bird in flight, my iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular is placed in my @dji branded case, underneath the foam liner of the lid/back portion of the hardshell. It does not affect the zipper closing, and feels quite secure once everything is packed and the full weight of my Phantom 3 Pro' kit, is resting comfortably on my shoulders & upper chest. The buckled sternum strap is helpful although l would much prefer or appreciate a lower waist strap to synch it down. Like all of my www.badlandspacks.com for bow hunting, have.

I was saddened to read, of some Phantom Pilots, melting/cutting out, shaving away part of the secure inner foam, so that the iPad would fit inside the case. When if can be easily tucked away, in the lid . . .

You-all please Have yourself another Great Day & @GO flying.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31