Happy without changing out the props

Reaction score
Replaced the FC40 camera to the GoPro and I'm pretty happy with the first test flight. I just did 7 min 19 seconds with the stock 8" blades and stock 2200 battery, extended skids, GoPro Hero 3, anti-jello mount, BURT and altimeter. Climbed to 450 feet, descended back, circled around a few times and hung in the air until the one red started blinking under acceleration. Pretty safe battery discharge.
I was not getting much more before, with the stock FC40 camera, so this is pretty good.
I have a 2700 battery I was getting 12 min with the stock FC40, have not tried it yet, but after seeing this performance I expect to get a solid ten minutes from it. I'm not going for any ambitious quality production, so it works for me....
DSCF4769.JPG

I have my FC set up so I can easily switch between the stock camera, my Gopro, and a Gopro with a gimbal. The gimbal wiring exits from the hole near the landing gear, and is easily tucked away when not in use. The biggest thing is that as you add weight flight times are reduced. 10minutes should be attainable with the GoPro and that is reduced to about six with the addition of the gimbal. Im using stock batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20