Happy New Year

Reaction score
I hope you're all going to have a good NYE and a great 2015.

It's 9.5 hrs to go for our time zone. I probably won't be doing much until it's almost midnight. My wife and I may go down to the beach to watch the fireworks around the bay. Two beers and I'll be done. lol

Just wish I was allowed to fly my drone at night.

I wish you the same! And, I am envious as I would love to live there! Also, although I rarely drink beers, a few glasses of wine puts me to sleep. That wasn't the case when I was younger!

OT, but I have a new friend there! She was just kicking dirt, near an old runway, when she saw a dog tag, that belonged to my dad, when he served there! He lived a normal life and when he died, I found one dog tag and I wondered where the other one, was.

Years later, my Austrailian friend met a man in Ohio ( on the net) who did research into his family's past. He offered to find the tag's owner. He discovered that he lived in Fitzgerald, GA. A BTW, Fitzgerald was founded by both the North and South, after the civil war ended. The streets were named by generals on both sides. Unfortunately, we are now known for the wild roosters, that run free, everywhere! Some love them (me) and some hate them. But, we have a Wild Chicken Festival once a year. We were known as the "Colony City."

I said all of that to say this: This woman is being flown here, for the festival, by the city. She plans to stay for several weeks, all paid for by the city. My dad was famous for having read a book and then he made his first skydive. But, he was more famous for having created a DZ (skydiving zone) here in Fitzgerald and creating South Georgia Parachute Association.

So, that day, we will be at a dedication for naming a road, at the airport, in his name. Later, the city will present my sister and I, a plague with the dog tag. We will then dedicate the plague to the city and it will reside in the city's museum.

My sister is terrified that a TV news station will be there. We think this is highly likely and it is very likely it will be national news. I didn't share that last part! I've been on live TV twice, but still I don't look forward to it!

I apologize for going off topic! I also wish all forum members and those who read, but haven't yet joined, all a very Happy New Year!!

As for you, our narrator, I thank you for all you do for the forum! We all appreciate it. Although, I wish I could call you by name!

Happy New Year's all! I have had a great time here, along with making some great friend's! For those lurking, join us! Most of us don't bite!

Happy New Year back!
I think it is in Sydney where they fire off the bridge. I would love to see that live. Videos of it are great.
....And I wish it was Summer here.....14 F here.

Happy New Year to you all.

Happy New Years to you too! My day is just getting started, so I have a while before it's 2015. Probably going to go out tonight for a few drinks with the wife and some friends, but that's about it.

Happy new year to my brothers and sisters down under! I had the pleasure of visiting Australia several years ago on business. I flew into Sidney and also flew up north to Queensland. I was on a private yacht in the harbor in Sydney for the Australia Day celebration. The fire works were very impressive. It was the year Australia was bidding for the Olympics so they put on quite a show.

Just a few minutes under 15 hours to go.

Scottintexas said:
Happy new year to my brothers and sisters down under! I had the pleasure of visiting Australia several years ago on business. I flew into Sidney and also flew up north to Queensland. I was on a private yacht in the harbor in Sydney for the Australia Day celebration. The fire works were very impressive. It was the year Australia was bidding for the Olympics so they put on quite a show.

Just a few minutes under 15 hours to go.
Oh, Scott, Lucky you. My business trips only got me other parts of my State. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20