Hand catching on a boat (NSFW at the end, language)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reactions: FASTFJR
This is how hand launch and hand catch are done properly (skip to 1:30 for launch and 2:30 for catch).

Reactions: BigAl07
I've never flow an Inspire, but it looks a lot easier to hand catch a Phantom (which I've done countless times).

Can you manually raise/lower the gear on an Inspire? If so I'd think it would be easier to hand catch with the gear up.

Sorry but that was too funny. I would never ever even dream about having someone else hand catch for me. If your the pilot you do the hand catch. It would have been a whole lot easier if she would have rotated the Inspire 180 degrees

We've used the "2nd person" hand catch several times and it works great so long as both parties have done it before and have a feel for how the aircraft should/could behave. In rough waters (not like what's on Deadliest Catch kind of rough) you do have to keep both hands on the Tx making it really tough to hand catch it yourself.

That video had "Splash down" written all over it from the get-go.

I've never flow an Inspire, but it looks a lot easier to hand catch a Phantom (which I've done countless times).

Can you manually raise/lower the gear on an Inspire? If so I'd think it would be easier to hand catch with the gear up.

Yes, gear up and grab it by the battery

Reactions: Rothgarr

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub