hand catching is the way to go

Reaction score
think I have got the hang of hand catching now.

Meh.

hi Chris, you don't sound too impressed.

I was just expecting, well, anything I guess.

Hundreds of existing posts on this. Then I saw the video so thought you were going to snatch it out the sky while shooting along in a your Elise, or a dog was going to jump up and catch it, or something unexpected but awesome.

However it was literally a hand catch (shot in a way that you couldn't see the hand catch)

The P3 is so easy to land... And landing for me is half the fun....
yep, you are quite right it easy to land but I want to get used to catching it as well because its not always possible for me to land on a flat surface, the other day I was in a field with very long grass and to land in the grass might have caused problems to the camera and gimball so I thought I would have a go at catching. where its possible I will always land correctly.

I was just expecting, well, anything I guess.

Hundreds of existing posts on this. Then I saw the video so thought you were going to snatch it out the sky while shooting along in a your Elise, or a dog was going to jump up and catch it, or something unexpected but awesome.

However it was literally a hand catch (shot in a way that you couldn't see the hand catch)
very funny chris, lol...I like your comment,

LotusSteve
The very fact it was such a boring video proves my point perfectly. ALWAYS hand catch!!!
All it needs is a gust of wind or a little bit of uneven ground and you have a damaged P3 - just not worth the risk.
Thanks for posting it maybe just maybe now people will realise it is a tad safer than juggling with a chainsaw!!!

Reactions: lotusteve
I'm with Wibble, no reason to EVER land at your feet!! To many things to go wrong!! Not worth it! No matter how good of a pilot you are, unless its just that much fun for you. Only excuse to have it land to the ground is emergency landings hundreds of feet away!

yep, you are quite right it easy to land but I want to get used to catching it as well because its not always possible for me to land on a flat surface, the other day I was in a field with very long grass and to land in the grass might have caused problems to the camera and gimball so I thought I would have a go at catching. where its possible I will always land correctly.
I agree, I hand catch when on rocks and dirty surfaces.... I was just throwing that out there. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl