Half updated

Reaction score
I updated my P3A not realizing I couldn't update the remote or battery till the Android update is released. I'm going to the Rockies at the end of this week. Got to video while up in the mountains. When I sync up the remote and P3 it tells me I need to update the remote. While I have had no problems up to this point, I wonder if it is crazy to fly half updated? DJI, give us the new app.

The battery updates with the firmware at same time.

As for the tx, plug in an sd card with the new firmware (i have a usb to sd card adapter)

The battery should update from the phantom. You can put the bin file on a usb stick and update the remote using the alternate updating method documented with the FW release.

Hovtech, you can find instructions for updating the battery firmware at the link below. Start at step #36 after the firmware is on your memory card.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

It's okay to disregard the message about updating your remote controller in the DJI Pilot app. You'll be able to update when DJI releases DJI GO for Android. At that point, follow the instructions above to install the firmware on your remote controller.

My understanding is that this will be the last time we can upgrade the tx using the usb method, where all future upgrades MUST be done through the app...is this correct?

Pete Leare, that's what DJI's documentation states.

Hovtech, you can find instructions for updating the battery firmware at the link below. Start at step #36 after the firmware is on your memory card.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

It's okay to disregard the message about updating your remote controller in the DJI Pilot app. You'll be able to update when DJI releases DJI GO for Android. At that point, follow the instructions above to install the firmware on your remote controller.

Thank you so much to everyone who gave suggestions. Got the update done per Phantom Help. BTW, I take it I still don't have DJI GO.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues