Half Mile Railway Bridge over Monongahela River

Reaction score

Believe it or not i could see the P4 out that far, a little further and id probably lose sight it was so small.

Honest opinion cause i know no one watched the entire video lol, or did you? Question is, how long should a video be? 30 seconds? A minute? Like for normal flying around, this isnt some crazy acrobatic video... so how long does it take to lose a viewers interest? I tried to switch up the views to keep it entertaining.

Usually 3 mins is the average but my one I uploaded yesterday was 8 mins. One guy actually watched all of it. Think it was because of the different angles and also the transition effects.

I think it all depends on how interesting you keep it. You have to be honest with yourself in your evaluation. We tend to put more on our videos than what we should. I would say that going across the bridge once was enough. It becomes redundant to go over the same footage twice. I had a teacher tell me if I had a speech that was 30 minuets long and I had to make it 15 minuets long. I would have a better speech by keeping the most important things. By doing that, I would keep people’s interest. So, it is possible to have a boring 3 minuet video and a very interesting 5 minuet video.

Another thing that helps, is to try to tell a story without words. Try to capture people’s interest. Build up tension by showing little bits and pieces before you show the whole thing is one way.
I need to stop now. I’m starting to get boring.

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Nice perspective of the train bridge but too much of the same scene for too long , change up the scene every 30 seconds or less...

Nice videos :) Usually i create video of 2 minutes. Wm. Rootman is right it depends on how intersting you keep it, but in my opinion "normal" viewers are scared to see that you upload an 8 minutes video. go fast is also right, you have to change the scene every 30 seconds or less.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely use the advice in the future. Thats sort of what I was expecting to hear. Also checking out that video posted as soon as i post this.

Reactions: JazzAir
OK, where to begin...

First, a look down perspective is OK, but when the look down is done with motion it better be done sparingly or some of your viewers will get nauseous -- I'd be one of them. In you 4+ minute video about 75% of it was look down with motion -- don't do that, please! Another problem with looking down with motion, particularly if relatively close, is that you make it much harder for the compressor to compress the video resulting in more blurring. You see very little detail in the rail lines and ties due to that motion. Also, a bit more than half way through the video, when you finally turn your camera up and travel the length of the bridge again, you did so on the shadow side of the bridge so that you do not see it as well as the sunny side. If you had made the pass on the other side the bridge would have been lit better and you would not be looking towards the Sun. As to how long to make the video, well, many here argue that less is more and although I often disagree with that I'd have to say that in this case there wasn't much added after the first pass of the bridge.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl