Hairline Motormount Crack Too

Reaction score
Me too.... Today.. I was reading some other posts about hairline cracks & went to check mine. Well wouldn't ya know it, I've got one on the front left bottom shell motor mount..( P3P)
Went to DJI chat & then to DJI online repair process..
Return set up was immediate & I guess I'll send it to Cerritos CA. repair. Hope I get mine back..
Just wondering if & when I get it back will I then have the mandatory update blues.. and or
Is this the start of a extra inning's ball game?
Anyone got any ideas?

I would be surprised if you get back the one you send. Shell replacement requires a lot of work. It's much easier and faster for them just to send another if you are under warranty. That's what they did for mine.

yeah that's a bummer for sure not getting the same one back, & here I thought I might be able to do the swap after hydro dipping...Top shell take off doesn't seem to be to bad, I've been reading about the clips it has etc..
how was your return process? what to expect?

My first 'repair' for shell cracks took 3 weeks. I'm on the east coast so that was reasonable. My second return for a bad motor, that was actually repaired, took over a month. Some folks have had better experiences than I.

I just read this post by Dacon Productions, the drone was 2 months old & frame was not covered. ?
I'll send & find out, maybe the hard way

I said this in the other thread.... but....

Put some Super Glue on it and call it good. Seriously. It will be fine. I flew mine 25 times with super glue on it and it was 100% OK. I sent it to DJI a few weeks ago for a completely unrelated repair.... so I had them change the lower shell while it was there. If I wouldn't have had to send it in, I'd still be flying with that super glue on there. You should have seen my previous quad (Syma X5SC). It was literally held together by zip ties and tape and it still flew like a champ.

Anyways, Loctite Brand "Professional" super glue is the absolute best, IMO. You can get it at Home Depot.

I noticed some cracks on diagonally opposite motor mounts. Fixed them by taping along the arms up to the motor with 3M Scott 897 Filament tape. Have flown 20 hours since then without any problems

When getting my P3A last May, I backed off all the airframe screws and lightly re-tightened (after reading about crack issues). I was amazed at the tightening variances among the screws from the factory.

I just repeated the process yesterday for good measure. I didn't notice any tightness changes.

I also removed the snap-on prop guards, but left their support mounts in place to disperse pressure between screws.

No issues yet.... knock on wood.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1