Had what I thought was a motor prolem! But!!!

Out of my pay scale for sure :)

But whats the deal with the right front red flashing?

The Famous said:
I installed a new motor and still have the problem of the motor skipping and stopping for a second on idle. Red lights blinking under the motor. What do you think??

http://youtu.be/Z1C50G9yz9w

Yeah... Hello, DJI? WTF??? over,,,

-slinger

Is that beeping I hear along with the flashing light? Sounds like you may have damaged/dislodged something on your ESC when installing the motor.

Probably a bad ESC time to brush up on your soldering skills some more ;)

The ESC, the FC, or the connection between the FC and the ESC is faulty. Lots of potential failure modes would result in this condition. The bird may even be able to fly, but I suspect that the ESC will get pretty hot when flying like this.

Hi Tom, you have a someone who is "new" here!! :) What is FC and ESC?? Had a professional (works in radio & computer industry on motherboards) come in and do the soldering. I wouldn't dare fly it as the motor intermittently stops for a split second.

The Famous said:
Hi Tom, you have a someone who is "new" here!! :) What is FC and ESC?? Had a professional (works in radio & computer industry on motherboards) come in and do the soldering. I wouldn't dare fly it as the motor intermittently stops for a split second.
Hi Fame' So the FC is the flight controller (the main flight computer), and the ESC is the Electronic Speed Controller. The FC tells the ESC how fast to turn the motor, and the ESC translates that speed command into 3-phase DC brushless motor signals that the motor can understand. From that you can probably imagine that the FC could be dropping out, or the ESC could be falling asleep (although I doubt that), or the signals are not getting reliably from the FC to the ESC. I don't remember if those connections are soldered or connectorized, but if the latter, they have the highest failure probability.

My comment about the ESC getting hot is based on the FC trying to maintain a GPS position and a stable platform. Even if the connections, the ESC or the motor are in question, the FC is going to try and pump out more signal to make the motor go faster and it will, but at the expense of dissipation in the ESC and it will heat up more than usual.

Good luck,

I had the same behaviour of one of my motors.
It turned out to be the ESC.

You can try it out yourself but it is a bit of soldering.
Use another ESC from your copter and see if the problem is over.

I did it that way to analyse the problem and bought a new ESC.

Ton

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj