Had Trouble Shutting Down

Reaction score
Flew yesterday and all was well until I tried to shut the P4 off. Put both sticks down and towards center as usual but did not shut off as it has always done. Took it up again then landed and same thing didn't want to shut off.

Anybody have this problem before, and is there a test with a fix?

Did you try holding the left stick down until the motors shut off? That's the safest way to shut off the motors.

Flew yesterday and all was well until I tried to shut the P4 off. Put both sticks down and towards center as usual but did not shut off as it has always done. Took it up again then landed and same thing didn't want to shut off.

Anybody have this problem before, and is there a test with a fix?

I've not had the problem before but, when landing you should hold the left stick down in center position and hold. The right stick is for guiding. The method you're using should kill the motors but, it could also lead to a tip over.

I've always done both down and in center. And by center I mean both towards each other. If that makes sense. Same yesterday but did not shut off motors as expected.

I've always done both down and in center. And by center I mean both towards each other. If that makes sense. Same yesterday but did not shut off motors as expected.
That is NOT the correct shutdown method. It can and will result in a tip over.......

The latest firmware also has a 3 second delay built in.....:)

That is the correct method to arm the motors, however, to shut them off you have to do as others have said and hold the left throttle stick down for 3 seconds.

Yeah...all seems fine. Don't know where I got the big idea to use both to turn it off. Thanks!

Yeah...all seems fine. Don't know where I got the big idea to use both to turn it off. Thanks!

The two stick method of shutting down is described in the P4's owner's manual on page 53

Method 1 - Use the same combination stick command that you used to the motors.
Method 2 - Hold the throttle stick down

I've got over 280 flights.... I've only used the CSC method and have had no problems at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4