Had to move ground station outside of Phantom

Reaction score
So a while back I moved both my iOSD mini in and the ground station inside the phantom 2 case. Ever since I did this I would loose signal with the phantom/iPad/Ground station. So Im moving it back out again to see if this goes away. Has anyone noticed this? Im going to guess its due to the lack of the wires hanging down or maybe some internal interference?

I was a big bored last night so I cracked open a Lagunitas IPA and went on to move the ground station back outside of the Phantom. Note I removed their case since it adds on a bit of weight and just wrapped the board in electric tape.

Silly timelapse but what else are you going to do :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pQLiAQj5M[/youtube]

I haven't watched your video, I'm having technical problems, but while I'm trying to solve my problem, I have to ask, did moving the GS hardware outside the Phantom solve your problem keeping a reliable connection?

Should I assume your originally had the hardware outside, then moved inside, and now outside again, right?

I've got the same problem and want to know if you had any luck.

I have both the ground station and iosd mini inside and have not had any issues so far up to 500 meters. Antennas are hanging out of the rear vents.

hquinones72 said:
I have both the ground station and iosd mini inside and have not had any issues so far up to 500 meters. Antennas are hanging out of the rear vents.

care to share a pic of the antennas and how far they are hanging down?

richparry said:
I haven't watched your video, I'm having technical problems, but while I'm trying to solve my problem, I have to ask, did moving the GS hardware outside the Phantom solve your problem keeping a reliable connection?

Should I assume your originally had the hardware outside, then moved inside, and now outside again, right?

I've got the same problem and want to know if you had any luck.

I did a few flights in a safe flat location while it was outside, then decided to move everything inside (iOSD min and ground station) I think in the next few days Ill try a flight with the GS outside, just been busy..

what issues are you seeing?

Stevet,

I am very anxious to hear what you find. I loose connection with the Phantom within seconds. My GS hardware is inside, but I don't think inside or outside matters from what I have read on this and other threads.

sorry been quite busy lately and haven't had much time to do any flights. I seem to be getting less dropouts since moving it back outside, I want to do a few more flights this weekend to just confirm. Here is a small http://ibareitall.com/adjusting-the-dji-groundstation/ I did with some pics on how and where I moved the ground station back to.

Steve,

Thanks for reply, keep me posted on your results.

I watched your Lake Tahoe video, I didn't know there was a building (shack) on Emerald island in Lake Tahoe. Interesting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl