Had my first crash and cracked lense

Reaction score
Had a small low impact crash, BUT the outer camera lense cracked. I want to replace it but I'm sure what it is exactly. Can anyone help?

That's the UV filter. You can purchase a replacement on Amazon, eBay, or directly from DJI.

The filter unscrews from the camera. Grip it very lightly -- otherwise, it'll be hard to remove. Wrap a rubber band around it if you're not able to grip it.

Last edited:
Thanks, just ordered one.. Second question.. I landed in dirt and the white rubber things that hold the gimbal got all dirty so I want to replace them. Anyone know now to remove their plastic pins that are in two of them? I tried pulled the caps off the pin but they don't seem to come out.

Cut the plastic pins off with pliers and insert new pins.

The tip of the pin is like an arrow it is the locking device. The best way is to clip it off with dykes (wire cutters) and replace with the spared. You can order new ones also. Some users use a fine thin bladed screw driver or simular tool to open the tabs a little to be able to unlock the tip and pull them apart. This stress the plastic and is not the recommend way. It will work but is harder and myself I don't trust the stress plastics with a $600 camera and gimbal. You can clean the rubber gromlets (shock absorbers) soap and water or even a mild cleaner and re-use them. Use new locking pins and tabs though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl