Had a 'beginner mode' first flight with P4P - video

Reaction score
My first ever flight. Can't believe how stable it is! Forgive the quality of footage, wouldn't upload in 4K for some reason. Will have another flight or two tomorrow, try a bit more range, some more interesting scenery etc. Going to try changing settings one at a time to see how it affects things.
Unit wouldn't remember 'home' and just wanted to land wherever it was if I hit the RTH within Go 4 app, why is that?

Wish I could recharge the battery straight from my car......Nissan Leaf

Appreciate your thoughts for this newbie! Thanks.

Nice good open land there to fly, now was that your 1st flight in general or just with the pro ? Video looked smooth and stable to me the open land and music was relaxing [emoji41]
New pilot here waiting on delivery still grounded [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You have to be beyond 20 meters (horizontally) before the RTH function will land at the same spot as take-off. Otherwise, if the RTH functionality is invoked within that radius, it'll land below where it currently is (which may not be where you want it to land).

Make sure you read (and understand) the manual.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
****! This looks so good with new shutter for your panning shots and the ability to shoot 4K @ 60fps. God that looks so awesome slowed down to 30. Man you should try slowing it on down to 24fps and see how it looks! This is so cooool! Can't wait til Monday for sure!

Reactions: Beefy
Thank you for posting that. I'm about to buy one myself, and that super smooth video on your first flight is very encouraging. Have you done any still photos? If so, please post.

Fyi, I believe the new mechanical shutter works only for photos, not video.

Fly often, be safe
Ummm, you sure about that John??? I thought this helped the jello effect in video caused when panning or moving across or parallel to subject. Watched a video on it yesterday in fact. I'll try to find that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20