Hacked Software, Ideas & Epson Moverio BT-200

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the HACKED version of the Android app, It has many advantages, restrictions removed, more weypoints on ground station, better layout etc... BUT be aware you use it at your own risk....
One thing that really pisses me off other than losing video link is the slow decent rate of the normal and hacked apps.
In the hacked version they have increased the ascent and directional speeds slightly, but not the descend speed..
I agree that the directional speed should be left alone or adjustable for slower only. But I do think the user should be able to choose what speeds they want to use. Especially ascend and descend.. Both adjustable on screen say from 1 to 7 meters per second.

I know some newbs and experienced drone pilots will crash land at 7 after forgetting it has been adjusted, but when the thing is 400 feet or more up, it takes an eternity to come back down.. What do you think.. ideas for other software mods,

Also been using the new Android 4.0 based Epson Moverio BT-200 with the vision plus,, absolutely amazing.. just email the .apk file to it, install it and off you go,, you can see the drone and overlaid is a virtual 200 inch screen.. The app is exactly as seen on a mobile phone, so can see all the information, plus camera view. Quality is excellent to.. Tried it in FPV, and after getting used to the camera view was able to fly easily through a derelict warehouse and around trees and objects. You got to try a pair... You can also play games, watch films in 3D and browse the web. One downside, they did not include google play on it, as it has its own apps page. however, It can be installed with a bit of know how. A few apps from the play store that I already downloaded do not work, but I'm sure that will be sorted in the near future. Battery life is good to, around 6 hours with wifi and BT on, plenty of time for a couple of flights, then playing back the recordings. The controller looks like a mobile phone, but the screen is missing, that is the track pad. All in all 9 out of 10.. dropped the point because no play store app pre installed.....

the descend speed on your phantom is set in the firmware on the phantom flight controller... it cant be adjusted faster by any android app...

he changed the max allowable speeds in waypoint mode to go as fast as gps mode will allow but he can't make that any faster either...

okay, I've been corrected....

shame,, Something so easy I thought... Oh well I guess a rewrite of the firmware is needed then lol

InspiredDead said:
I downloaded and installed the HACKED version of the Android app, It has many advantages, restrictions removed, more weypoints on ground station, better layout etc... BUT be aware you use it at your own risk....
One thing that really pisses me off other than losing video link is the slow decent rate of the normal and hacked apps.
In the hacked version they have increased the ascent and directional speeds slightly, but not the descend speed..
I agree that the directional speed should be left alone or adjustable for slower only. But I do think the user should be able to choose what speeds they want to use. Especially ascend and descend.. Both adjustable on screen say from 1 to 7 meters per second.

I know some newbs and experienced drone pilots will crash land at 7 after forgetting it has been adjusted, but when the thing is 400 feet or more up, it takes an eternity to come back down.. What do you think.. ideas for other software mods,

Also been using the new Android 4.0 based Epson Moverio BT-200 with the vision plus,, absolutely amazing.. just email the .apk file to it, install it and off you go,, you can see the drone and overlaid is a virtual 200 inch screen.. The app is exactly as seen on a mobile phone, so can see all the information, plus camera view. Quality is excellent to.. Tried it in FPV, and after getting used to the camera view was able to fly easily through a derelict warehouse and around trees and objects. You got to try a pair... You can also play games, watch films in 3D and browse the web. One downside, they did not include google play on it, as it has its own apps page. however, It can be installed with a bit of know how. A few apps from the play store that I already downloaded do not work, but I'm sure that will be sorted in the near future. Battery life is good to, around 6 hours with wifi and BT on, plenty of time for a couple of flights, then playing back the recordings. The controller looks like a mobile phone, but the screen is missing, that is the track pad. All in all 9 out of 10.. dropped the point because no play store app pre installed.....

I installed the Amazon app store on my which is pretty straight forward. Went to this URL using the BT-200 browser http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mas/get/android/ and clicked download. Simple as that.

My only criticism on the BT-200 and DJI app is that the video is not full screen. You'll notice it's shifted to the right with black space on the left. Would be nice if it filled that entire screen. Otherwise it's really good. You can get the image to center if you click the button that hides all the telemetry data, which isn't great because you need to see that while flying.

InspiredDead said:
okay, I've been corrected....

shame,, Something so easy I thought... Oh well I guess a rewrite of the firmware is needed then lol

That is the rewrite of the firmware... we had much faster descend speeds back in may... DJI corrected that due to many warranty repair claims with VRS problems on fast descent rates...

That's why I stayed on 3.0 firmware and never upgraded yet :ugeek:

I remember the days of descending as much as 15mph. It didn't take long to get down from 4,500ft back then. It's been awhile but I punched in the numbers for ascent & descent and I'm not sure it can even be done safely now.

I have been complaining about the slow descent speed every since they reduced it. It was slowed down due to new owners of the vPlus breaking the gimbal when landing. Actually they had 1st slowed it down to half of what it is now for a short time.

When it was full speed were some people not able to tell when to stop descending or did VRS cause it to fall from sky?

Some people appear to have problems landing now.. im guessing its windy etc.

Jusr curious if it was a user issue or hw problem?

InspiredDead said:

I love my moverio's, but have not been able to get the Utility App sideloaded onto them. Have you? Also, since the update to D1.1.0, I think I've lost root. Can't get a lot of apps to load now including Play Store, which I had before.

Having only got my bt200 yesterday the Easiest way I found to get vision app on my moverios was to download 1mobile straight into them and then go into 1mobile and use the search to find DJI app then install. Works great.

Phanton v2+ newbie said:
Has anyone that wears glasses with the moverios have any problems with the focusing on screen

I don't wear glasses, but I've let others that do try out my Moverio with no complaints. They come with an empty frame that you can have prescription lenses made for if you find that you need them.

Can anyone provide a link to the :Hacked: version of the Phantom 2 vision + software?

1) repeat request: "Can anyone provide a link to the :Hacked: version of the Phantom 2 vision + software?". would like to have this link also.

2) OP said, "...One downside, they did not include google play on it, as it has its own apps page. however, It can be installed with a bit of know how..."

whats the "know how"? since moverio doesnt support goople play app yet, how does one get a paid-for app like my wi-fi booster app side-loaded onto the moverio without access to my my google play account? free apps like the dji app load fine thru the "1 mobile" app posted earlier. but not paid-for apps like my booster app.

if i can load my wi-fi booster im happy. but i cant seem to download the booster .apk file...all the sites want to INSTALL IT but not let me DOWNLOAD IT (so that i can later do a side-load into the moverio)

thanks.

Anyone get GS (Ground Station) in the newest DJI app update to work on the Epson BT 200?

Is it not opening because location services is not turn on?
Both Google Earth and Google Maps can't find my location on the Epson.. but GPS Test works.

Like to watch and tilt with the Epson googles on a GS Flight Waypoint flight..

nedro018 said:
2) OP said, "...One downside, they did not include google play on it, as it has its own apps page. however, It can be installed with a bit of know how..."

whats the "know how"? since moverio doesnt support goople play app yet, how does one get a paid-for app like my wi-fi booster app side-loaded onto the moverio without access to my my google play account? free apps like the dji app load fine thru the "1 mobile" app posted earlier. but not paid-for apps like my booster app.

if i can load my wi-fi booster im happy. but i cant seem to download the booster .apk file...all the sites want to INSTALL IT but not let me DOWNLOAD IT (so that i can later do a side-load into the moverio)

thanks.

The standard app has been released in the moverio store as of a week or so ago
S

NRL777 said:
Anyone get GS (Ground Station) in the newest DJI app update to work on the Epson BT 200?

Is it not opening because location services is not turn on?
Both Google Earth and Google Maps can't find my location on the Epson.. but GPS Test works.

Like to watch and tilt with the Epson googles on a GS Flight Waypoint flight..

I asked Eric Mizufuka from Epson Moverio about this he said
"I have not tested ground station yet; however, we are planning on using DJI's new SDK to build a Moverio optimized app"

I just hope it is soon!

Here is their Youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/user/MoverioChannel/videos

Has anyone that wears glasses with the moverios have any problems with the focusing on screen
probably a bit too late but I have issues on focusing. it seems that the left image is blur especially on the sides while the right seems ok. if i adjust it that sometimes helps. probably this is because my face is a bit different in parameters than the moverio engineers used when designing these glasses. (most of the fpv glasses has movable optics for this reason. i got used to it.

anyone ever had installed litchi on BT-200?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj