Hacked Drone Pplummets and Injures Athlete

"hacking"
Is going to be tough to prove.
Unless the drone in question has a controller that has a error log that can show
the loss of control signal.

I guess if you can rule out everything else, then signal loss or interruption (either hacking or from a powerful wifi access point) is a reasonable explanation though.

Importantly the user probably has a reasonable excuse.

I want to see the footage from that F550's camera.

Triathletejpg.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014 ... ead-Injury

U.M.

Of course this guy is going to say it got hacked! Honestly I think he's pulling everything out of his ***. If he really did get hacked in the morning also, why on earth would he continue to fly.? Most likely it was a Naza fail, which is way more common due to radio/GPS interference. The truth is, everyone who flies a model aircraft will eventually crash it. Doesn't matter if you're the best pilot in the world, radio control and small gears are never %100... yes and I know neither are cars or full scale airplanes or guns, but the truth is not everyone who owns a car or flies a plane will crash it and only a very small percentage of gun owners will shoot someone.

Raise your hand here if you haven't crashed your Phantom, and I'll hand you a box of kleenex for when you do.

And why on earth was he following someone so closely with a f550 anyways?! (I read other articles on this)

Hows the state of the guy in the background ... shes on the ground blood everywhere, he is out back picking up broken evidence ..... more concerned about the drone than someone he could of blinded easily enough ????

AAAAAAnnnnd as they say he is the USA..."That's Your Azz!" Law suites coming....Layers running..... evevery one from the event holders,city it is in to the film crew and company and electronics provider gonna be involved in a law suite...

GMANNZ said:
Hows the state of the guy in the background ... shes on the ground blood everywhere, he is out back picking up broken evidence ..... more concerned about the drone than someone he could of blinded easily enough ????

I didn't see the blood first time round - kind of puts his argument that "it fell behind her and she got scared" in the bin.

Doono said:
IF there is any truth or accuracy to this report, that videographer needs a boot up the arse. I repeat....IF.

He deserves a boot up his *** anyways. He's been quoted by every other news source that he was hacked, and anyone in the crowd with a cell phone could have hacked the quad! In fact, he said he was hacked that morning... i smell BS. Either way he's screwed. He already admitted in following an athlete 10 meters behind her causing her to trip, fall and bust her head open.

If you want to weigh in with the owner (I suspect his daughter may have been the pilot although he seems to be picking up the pieces), check out his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/NewEraAgTech

To all the people who may read this and have been covering the drone incident, which is now on all news stations throughout the world. I am a happy hardworking family man that would rather help a person with everything i have than hurt them. I am deeply disturbed & hurt over the comments about me & my family over the past few days. I know in my heart & mind that what i did was help out in a local event as a volunteer which i do on a regular basis coaching. I do not ever go out to harm people and those that know me well i call a spade a shovel. I sincerely regret the events on Sunday and expressed this to all involved. Could i admit guilt at the time without knowing exactly what happened, in my heart i felt like i could but my mind told me to rather assess all the evidence before making a statement. The UAV we used on the day has never given any trouble in many many flights. I will take everything on the chin as i always have and if you have a direct problem with me feel free to contact me but please refrain from passing judgment until you know the facts. There is no gain to any company by taking a cheap slug at someone who had an unfortunate accident. Those that have had a cheap slug at me, remember one day when your life is down in a major way for any reason. Remember how you got into me because i can guarantee you, you will never see me having a go at you but rather hope you have the strength & support to get through your bad time. To those who have given me the space and the opportunity to be innocent until proven guilty, i salute you & love you all.

Here was my response to him:

Warren, thank you for coming out with your statement. Your Esparance Show video (beer delivery close over attendees head) and unfortunate photo where at the race (injured girl bleeding laying down with focus on picking up UAV parts) have been troubling to some of us. Hopefully she is recovering and ultimately some good will come out of the lessons learned. Michael

NewEraAgTech said:
I am a happy hardworking family man that would rather help a person with everything i have than hurt them.

Yes - thats why he was more interested in picking up his multi rotor and not helping the girl on the floor with the head wound. :? :? :?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31