H4-3D Stutter/gitch problem with P2v3 Transmitter dial

Reaction score
Hi All

My first post here, I just recently got my Hero 4 Black and installed my gimbal(P2v3 wH4-3D). When powering on the gimbal does the self test then instead of going to pointing straight forward/outward it points at about a 30-40 degree angle. Not really a problem as I can adjust it to straight........

The real problem is when I use the dial and move it either all the way up or down the gimbal kind of stutters and doesn't go through its motion. But if I just barely move the dial it will go through its motion. This is problematic when trying to fly as it's kinda hard to move it just barely during flight or while trying to frame a shot.

Has anyone had any issues like this or have any info? I've calibrated in both RC s/w as well as P2 s/w with no change. Never installed or powered on gimbal until I had Hero 4. So not an issue with that.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Download RC12. Calibrate all sticks including the tilt dial. Close RC12.
Open Phantom assist and calibrate all sticks including the tilt dial and make sure you select "upgrade mode"

I have already done that. I'm using the most current rc s/w and phantom s/w. I've calibrated all sticks and dial in both the s/w and selected the upgrade version in the transmitter section. I put that in my initial post, not trying to be rude just an fyi :)

I have already done that. I'm using the most current rc s/w and phantom s/w. I've calibrated all sticks and dial in both the s/w and selected the upgrade version in the transmitter section. I put that in my initial post, not trying to be rude just an fyi :)

Did you check the gimbal control sliders in the advanced tab and are they set to 50, 0 and 0 ??

Did you check the gimbal control sliders in the advanced tab and are they set to 50, 0 and 0 ??
I did set those sliders to those settings, recalibrated the transmitter and all is GOOD now. I did have to recalibrate a couple times and power cycle but the motion is fine with no stuttering. The only thing that still exists is that after the gimbal self test it still doesn't return to straight ahead but I can just adjust that before or while in flight. Thanks for the help to you guys :)

I did set those sliders to those settings, recalibrated the transmitter and all is GOOD now. I did have to recalibrate a couple times and power cycle but the motion is fine with no stuttering. The only thing that still exists is that after the gimbal self test it still doesn't return to straight ahead but I can just adjust that before or while in flight. Thanks for the help to you guys :)

Try adjusting the gimbal vertical limit slider to the right little at a time until it's 90° straight ahead with RC unit turned on. If you want to slow the tilt down tilt gain to the left will slow it down and you shouldn't have to go below 5.

Last edited:
Try adjusting the gimbal vertical limit slider to the right little at a time until it's 90° straight ahead with RC unit turned on. If you want to slow the tilt down tilt gain to the left will slow it down and you shouldn't have to go below 5.
Coolness, your info helped with the main issue so I'll try this and let you know. Thanks again :)

Coolness, your info helped with the main issue so I'll try this and let you know. Thanks again :)
I did try that and it did not work. After self test it still goes back to about a 30-40 degree downward angle. If you know anything else I'm open, but like I said its not a huge issue. Just want it to operate correctly, thanks again

I did try that and it did not work. After self test it still goes back to about a 30-40 degree downward angle. If you know anything else I'm open, but like I said its not a huge issue. Just want it to operate correctly, thanks again

looking at 45 degrees when powering is normal. However, if during flight and you can move from 0-90 and it slef returns to 45 then it means the "upgrade" option has not been applied. Can you double check that upgrade mode is selected in the Basic > RC.

looking at 45 degrees when powering is normal. However, if during flight and you can move from 0-90 and it slef returns to 45 then it means the "upgrade" option has not been applied. Can you double check that upgrade mode is selected in the Basic > RC.
Oh I thought that after self test it should go to straight forward. I have it set to upgrade and it doesn't drift or go to an angle on its own. I thought it should go to straight forward after self test. So I'm all good. Thanks to all of you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.