H33d gimbal wont tilt using Phantom 2

Ash

Reaction score
Hi, after reviewing the H33d gimbal I though I would buy this great device as before I was hell bent on the vision 2. After installing the gimbal and the Gopro 3+ black edition I cannot get the **** thing to tilt............so frustrating!! On start up the gimbal works fine and seems to respond to movement correctly, just cant get it to tilt the camera. I have got all the updated firmware and have calibrated the TX and phantom. When I try to calibrate the x1 in the assistant software it doesn't respond to the movement of the arm lever on the back of the TX, however the little x1 arrow does turn red. This is my second transmitter as my first was faulty and had to be replaced and all my kit is only a month old...please please help I am starting to feel a little deflated :(

you're the second person this week to post about the same thing. Do me a favor and review my suggestions/instructions in this thread and if you absolutely can't get that X1 hashmark to respond in the Phantom Assistant software I guess you're going back to your vendor again
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25164

Thanks for getting back to me, I have followed the instructions you mention but still no tilt, however when I was moving the vertical slider in the assistant software the camera was tilting, sadly not on the rear lever

Ash said:
Thanks for getting back to me, I have followed the instructions you mention but still no tilt, however when I was moving the vertical slider in the assistant software the camera was tilting, sadly not on the rear lever

yea sounds like a problem in the RC with the X1 lever :(

Oh hell !!! Sooo disappointing again £1000 for stuff that wont work out the box.......arrrggggh. Thanks for your help anyway

yea sorry you've been so unlucky mate.. all electronic equipment has a failure rate but Phantoms and related bits seem to have a slightly higher than average.

once you get it all sorted it's a really great toy you're going to love it

Ok thanks. Some of the videos I have seen just look amzing so I am keen to get out there. Do you think the problem may be related to the fact my phantom 2 has h32d support and my gimbal is the h33d model?

Ash said:
Ok thanks. Some of the videos I have seen just look amzing so I am keen to get out there. Do you think the problem may be related to the fact my phantom 2 has h32d support and my gimbal is the h33d model?

no. gimbal support is firmware function and the firmware (operating system of your Phantom) simply supports them both.

You did say that all your firmwares - both the Phantom itself (Phantom Assistant) and the RC (RC Assistant) are at latest firmware yes?

Hi yes I have all updated. Anyway it went back to the vendor today for repair and he said he will be able to get it back to me by Friday this week.........just to see this baby work correctly will be so good:) Thanks for your patient help, it has been very much appreciated

I am up and running 100% Gimbal now tilts correctly. Marionville Models of Edinburgh after sales care is absolutely fantastic, in just two days they got my Tx back to me working, I am so pleased. Anyone in the UK looking to buy RC kit should look them up..........fantastic genuine company. Bye for now

congrats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E

This fixed my problem. Raised up the transistor, so the X1 lever touches the pot and calibrated it in Assistant Software using a MacBook Air.

I just got this kit new as is on sale. Hooked up everything, gimbal initialized, but tilt won't move when sliding the X1 lever. So I decided to upgrade firmware for everything. That did not fix the problem, so I did the 2-point shorting on the gimbal. But that led to reset the H3-3D and bricked as well. The Assistant Software in Windows 8 from Mac Bootcamp will show the H3-3D IMU, but won't show any update. It says version 0000, so I decided to install the MAC Assistant Software and voila the firmware update showed. Updated it, calibrated the sticks and X1 lever, even adjusted the gains. All is good now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4