H3-3D with GoPro 3+ and Blurfix

Reaction score
SRP have a disclaimer on their website saying that they wont be held liable for any gimbal damage.

Can anyone comment on whether the Blurfix Air Filters (7.6g) cause any unbalance or other problems with this gimbal/camera combination.

http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/Pr ... ilter.aspx

Thanks

GhostMaster said:
Mine works perfectly fine.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you use any counterweight ?

Does the gimbal sit level in roll axis with the lens on ?

GhostMaster said:
Yes level and I don't use any counter weight with the hero 3+ black.

perfect. Thanks.

Or you get one of these - at less than 2 grams I do not use any counter balance - only two flights on them (crap weather) but results are promising.
A nice friction fit and ND glass seems of good quality.

file.php

Attachments

• Landing skids clip on.jpg
    Landing skids clip on.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 577
That's light! Where did you get it from please?

You can get the filters from texmur :
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/jello-worse-with-gopro-4-black.34588/page-2

I got the ND4 and 8. I used the ND4 this morning - really bright - doing some fast forward towards some buildings where usually jello is most noticeable. Some cuts of the flight
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was PMed some questions about the receiver holder.

I've designed a couple so that

1) Holder fits in my back pack and be quickly operational (like the clip-on extension landing gears).

2) The clover leaf be lower than the gimbal by as much as possible for minimal obstruction - maximum range with the constraint that the Phantom has to takeoff from the ground with the occasional landing. (I hand catch most landings).

My best working design is a friction fit receiver holder to the landing skid.
The holder has enough felxibility that on the gound it flexes up without causing any strain on the antenna.
Once in the air gravity pulls it down but it retains enough grip to remain vibration and movement free.

I have no more signal loss when changing orientation so only need to improve on cosmetics.

P1080289tn.jpg

P1080296tn.jpg

P1080297tn.jpg
P1080304tn.jpg

If anybody need these filters for GP3 and GP4 contact me at [email protected]
me work fine and eliminate the rest of jello after balancing propellers. Weight only1.2g

Attachments

• 20140921_203647.jpg
    20140921_203647.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 20140921_203901.jpg
    20140921_203901.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 20140921_204204.jpg
    20140921_204204.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 501
If anybody need these filters for GP3 and GP4 contact me at [email protected]
me work fine and eliminate the rest of jello after balancing propellers. Weight only1.2g
Texmur I got rid of the jello and made a sunshade for it with a 3d printer - works great at 2.7 grams filter and sunshade!
filter.jpg

Now that I got rid of the jello I still have an issue with vertical jitters - video below, watch the skyline.
If anyone has any idea how to get rid of it ?Jitters with or without filter.

Texmur I got rid of the jello and made a sunshade for it with a 3d printer - works great at 2.7 grams filter and sunshade!
filter.jpg

Now that I got rid of the jello I still have an issue with vertical jitters - video below, watch the skyline.
If anyone has any idea how to get rid of it ?Jitters with or without filter.
I think sunshield is too big and wind or fast flight will make gimbal unstable. Which dumpers are you using?

I think sunshield is too big and wind or fast flight will make gimbal unstable. Which dumpers are you using?

Ive tried all the dampeners but get best results with the white then black 50.

The vertical jitters I have are without sunshade and with your UV filter on or off I still have same jitter amount.

But thanks for your comment on the sunshade - once I get rid of the jitter I'll make a smaller one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers