H3-3D will not fit the Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Just recieved my H3-3D gimbal. No way this is fitting my phantom? Like a huge gap between the mounting plate? Help!!!

Seriously no response yet? Is this not a know issue, something about a extra mounting plate for original Phantom2's? Where do I get one?

Pull_Up said:
Sorry, don't quite understand, huge gap between mounting plate and...?

Sorry , I am just so frustrated right now. The gap is between the mounting plate and the base of the phantom. That is being caused by the fact the third access gimbal is in contact before the base plate.

gearbow said:
Just recieved my H3-3D gimbal. No way this is fitting my phantom? Like a huge gap between the mounting plate? Help!!!

If you have original Phantom 2 (without hole) your choices are: A) cut a hole in belly of shell or B) TRY to find mounting adapter which just started shipping with latest version of H3

EMCSQUAR said:
If you have original Phantom 2 (without hole) your choices are: A) cut a hole in belly of shell or B) TRY to find mounting adapter which just started shipping with latest version of H3

I am pretty sure the newest version of the gimbal does not come the the mounting adapter to fit the H3-3D on the origanal P2. You have to buy it and it ,omes as a kit with longer skids to clear the ground. Some places have it, but it is still on preorder for $15US.

Now I understand. Yes mine came as a package with the new P2 which had the larger hole in the shell to allow for the third axis motor so it bolted straight on. If you want to get up and running straight away then your only option is to take a dremmel to the shell as has been said. Otherwise the adapter plates do seem to be like hens' teeth, i'm afraid.

shartlza said:
EMCSQUAR said:

I am pretty sure the newest version of the gimbal does not come the the mounting adapter to fit the H3-3D on the origanal P2. You have to buy it and it ,omes as a kit with longer skids to clear the ground. Some places have it, but it is still on preorder for $15US.
Yeah this is correct. The kit is coming out alongside the standalone H3-3D, when DJI finally officially announce / launch it. I hear it is likely to be this coming week, with H3-3D stock available by Friday here in the UK.

I'm probably gonna dremel mine anyway.

zenmuse-h3-3d-mounting-bracket-phantom-2-old-1418-p.png

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/zenmuse-h3 ... 1418-p.asp

Pull_Up said:
Now I understand. Yes mine came as a package with the new P2 which had the larger hole in the shell to allow for the third axis motor so it bolted straight on. If you want to get up and running straight away then your only option is to take a dremmel to the shell as has been said. Otherwise the adapter plates do seem to be like hens' teeth, i'm afraid.

I'm thinking of taking the "gimbal"(?) off my P2V and replacing with the H3-3D to use with a go pro, question is, is it possible (and do-able?!)

ceejaydubya said:
Pull_Up said:

I'm thinking of taking the "gimbal"(?) off my P2V and replacing with the H3-3D to use with a go pro, question is, is it possible (and do-able?!)
I'm guessing the main board is different, i.e, the P2V doesn't have the GMU for a Zenmuse like the P2 does.

ceejaydubya said:
thanks Jaybee. apologies, wot's GMU?
Soz, I meant to write GCU (Gimbal control unit) the Phantom 2 has this built-in. Basically the P2V will be setup differently inside. There is a Zenmuse unit forthcoming, with a built-in GCU, for the Flamewheel system -- but I doubt this would work with a Vision either.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik