H3-3D vs. H4-3D

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a new Phantom user, so please excuse me for the first week or so whilst I ask all the obvious newbie questions!

Firstly, I have a H3-3D and my friend has the H4-3D. When I had them together last night I noticed a major difference in the tilt control for the gimbals.

We both have the controller with the jog wheel on the top left, but when he pulls his and lets go, the camera tilts and holds the last position. If I pull mine and let go, the camera returns to it's starting position. Is this just a difference in the gimbals, or is mine setup incorrectly?

Hopefully what i've written makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

andydunlop said:
Hi there,

I'm a new Phantom user, so please excuse me for the first week or so whilst I ask all the obvious newbie questions!

Firstly, I have a H3-3D and my friend has the H4-3D. When I had them together last night I noticed a major difference in the tilt control for the gimbals.

We both have the controller with the jog wheel on the top left, but when he pulls his and lets go, the camera tilts and holds the last position. If I pull mine and let go, the camera returns to it's starting position. Is this just a difference in the gimbals, or is mine setup incorrectly?

Hopefully what i've written makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

H3-3D should hold its position.

Any idea why it wouldn't be doing so? What I can do to sort it?

andydunlop said:
Any idea why it wouldn't be doing so? What I can do to sort it?

in the Phantom Assistant software on the Basic / RC tab there is a setting called "transmitter version". The options are Basic or Upgraded.

Basic is for the DJ6 RC with the X1 lever on the back which is an "absolute position" control... up is straight ahead, down is straight down, and in the middle is 45 degrees.
Upgraded is for the NDJ6 with the jog wheel which is NOT an absolute position control... up means "tilt up", down means "tilt down" and middle means "stop tilting".

If you've bound a NDJ6 RC to a Phantom but the Phantom is set in Basic mode, it will act as you describe (gimbal returns to middle when wheel is at center) , because it's treating the scroll wheel like the lever and expecting absolute position, so middle is 45-degrees. Change that setting to Upgraded in the Assistant software (with the Phantom plugged in obviously) and the wheel should start acting properly

Hughie said:
in the Phantom Assistant software on the Basic / RC tab there is a setting called "transmitter version". The options are Basic or Upgraded.

Basic is for the DJ6 RC with the X1 lever on the back which is an "absolute position" control... up is straight ahead, down is straight down, and in the middle is 45 degrees.
Upgraded is for the NDJ6 with the jog wheel which is NOT an absolute position control... up means "tilt up", down means "tilt down" and middle means "stop tilting".

If you've bound a NDJ6 RC to a Phantom but the Phantom is set in Basic mode, it will act as you describe (gimbal returns to middle when wheel is at center) , because it's treating the scroll wheel like the lever and expecting absolute position, so middle is 45-degrees. Change that setting to Upgraded in the Assistant software (with the Phantom plugged in obviously) and the wheel should start acting properly

+1

nycmagician said:
Hughie said:

+1

That excellent advice came from QYV and not from me by the way. Please take care with you quotations.

lol no worries I'm not here for glory I just like helping folks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1