H3-3D v1 gimbal is shorting Go Pro Black3 +

Reaction score
Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal is causing Go Pro Black + to malfunction

http://youtu.be/Eg3x72q7sLk
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Eg3x72q7sLk[/youtube]

I have a Phantom 2 and a 3-axis zenmuse gimbal, I have updated the firmware with the assistant and updated the Go Pro firmware via the app.

When the Go Pro is attached to the Gimbal, inside the cradle, When I hit record on the Go pro, the Go Pro begins to beep uncontrollably, the Go Pro will freeze up, the footage is unusable, and the go pro becomes un-responsive.
I have tested three diff Go Pros, all three Go Pros work perfectly outside the Gimbal. NO issues. Once the Gimbal back plate connector slips inside the Go Pro, this issue begins.

Go-Pro Black 3 + has the wi-fi turned off. No other FPV components are installed yet. The Anti interference board is mounted via the mounting holes. I have demonstrated that in the video. The cables have been disconnected and re-seated, The Battery in the Go Pro is fully charged, the battery in the Phantom is fully charged. The Phantom RX is always on with the switched up during these test. Three different Go Pros with three diff SD cards and 3 different batteries where used in my test to factor out the Go Pro.

My guess is that the back Gimbal connector is toggling the playback/record or toggling something. My guess is that the Connector pins in the cradle are defective causing all the Go Pros to react this way.

Some clues, when I attached the Go Pro to the Gimbal, even though there is no Phantom Battery in yet, the Go Pro turns itself on? I never power it up. Wi-Fi is off.

Any Help would be much appreciated!

Re: H3-3D gimbal is causing Go Pro 3 to malfunction

Can anyone confirm that the Hero Black 3+ works with the v1 h3-3d gimbal. Can you show the Black 3+ inside the v1 Gimbal and the record going? I am now starting to think that the Black 3+ needs the v1.1 Gimbal?
Just my suspicion?
You can see that the back connector on the v1 Gimbal is preventing my Go Pro black 3+ from recording. Anyone think this is related?
Thanks!

Re: H3-3D gimbal is causing Go Pro 3 to malfunction

dupsta said:
Can anyone confirm that the Hero Black 3+ works with the v1 h3-3d gimbal.

Yes, it works just fine with v1. Many videos online of that combo.

You seem to have a defective unit.

Re: H3-3D v1 gimbal is preventing Go Pro Black3 + to record

I just ordered my 3D Zenmuse gimbal to replace my broken 2D gimbal. How can I identify which version gimbal I received?

Re: H3-3D v1 gimbal is preventing Go Pro Black3 + to record

The v1 Gimbal has the Go Pro connector in the back plate. So the Go pro Plugs into the Gimbal's cradle. The v1.1 Gimbal does not have a go pro connector on the back plate of the cradle. That was replaced with a side usb ribbon that plugs into the side usb port of the Go Pro.

The v1 Gimbal is nice that the Go Pro snugly fits into the cradle as the Back Female Go Pro connection slips into the Gimbal's male Go Pro connection. Very clean. In my case this connection is creating a Go Pro malfunction as these back pins are not working properly?

The v1.1 ditched the back plate connection, they use a thin side ribbon that plugs into the side USB port. This will break off, snap. To remove the SD card you have to carefully plug this ribbon in and out. From what I have read everyone hates this v1.1 as this cable breaks all the time.

You can Google this further as there is some really interesting data out there. I do not have the v1.1 Gimbal this is all from what I have read.

dupsta said:
Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal is causing Go Pro Black + to malfunction

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Eg3x72q7sLk[/youtube]

I have a Phantom 2 and a 3-axis zenmuse gimbal, I have updated the firmware with the assistant and updated the Go Pro firmware via the app.

When the Go Pro is attached to the Gimbal, inside the cradle, When I hit record on the Go pro, the Go Pro begins to beep uncontrollably, the Go Pro will freeze up, the footage is unusable, and the go pro becomes un-responsive.
I have tested three diff Go Pros, all three Go Pros work perfectly outside the Gimbal. NO issues. Once the Gimbal back plate connector slips inside the Go Pro, this issue begins.

Go-Pro Black 3 + has the wi-fi turned off. No other FPV components are installed yet. The Anti interference board is mounted via the mounting holes. I have demonstrated that in the video. The cables have been disconnected and re-seated, The Battery in the Go Pro is fully charged, the battery in the Phantom is fully charged. The Phantom RX is always on with the switched up during these test. Three different Go Pros with three diff SD cards and 3 different batteries where used in my test to factor out the Go Pro.

My guess is that the back Gimbal connector is toggling the playback/record or toggling something. My guess is that the Connector pins in the cradle are defective causing all the Go Pros to react this way.

Some clues, when I attached the Go Pro to the Gimbal, even though there is no Phantom Battery in yet, the Go Pro turns itself on? I never power it up. Wi-Fi is off.

Any Help would be much appreciated!
Whoa! That sucks!

Only thing I can thing to try is unplugging the gimbal from the Phantom. At least this will narrow down if the problem is in the gimbal or not. But, unfortunately, it probably is. :-/

Good luck!

Boy. I hope my new gimbal is V1. I hate the sound of V1.1 plus the fact that it will no longer be powered by the Phantom and you will have to remove the camera and battery to recharge the battery. That really sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.