H3-3D v1.0 vs H3-3D v1.1

MiP

Reaction score
Hi All, I haven't purchased my phantom yet however i have recently noticed that some suppliers are listing an updated release of the H3-3D gimbal. From the information that I can find on the internet the new v1.1 is supplied with a different connector for the GoPro, however i've not been able to find any information on why this was changed? - can anyone provide any more information on this? Also does the v1.1 still require the anti interference board to be fitted internally or was this issue fixed in v1.1? Thanks in advance.

Your assumption is correct - the vers 1.1 the only difference is the GoPro connector. I believe the reason (I could be wrong) was to accomodate Lightbridge.

Re: Interference board - yes that is still supplied. It seems some folks have issues and require it whereas others do not. I have 3 H3 3Ds and have yet to use one.

EMCSQUAR said:
Your assumption is correct - the vers 1.1 the only difference is the GoPro connector. I believe the reason (I could be wrong) was to accomodate Lightbridge.

There has been no credible information to back up this claim, and it makes no sense as far as I can tell. The only difference between the two is that the 1.0 uses the rear panel connector while the 1.1 requires a USB cable connection to the GoPro via a flimsy ribbon cable.

In both cases, the HDMI output from the GoPro to the Lightbridge is handled by a separate custom HDMI cable connected to the GoPro HDMI port. The HDMI to LB works on 1.1 without the USB cable, but at the expense of not charging the GoPro in flight, which seriously limits operation time since the HDMI output seems to drain the battery very fast. With version 1.0, only the HDMI cable is required and the GoPro is powered via the rear panel, and that appears to be a superior solution.

A more believable explanation that some users received from DJI was that the change was due to unavailability of the proprietary rear panel connectors, which may, or may not, have been a licensing, rather than sourcing, issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.