H3-3D Tilt - Up or down only?

Reaction score
So I worked out my issue with the tilt on the gimbal (from another post (Thanks Mako!)) but now I am a facing something a bit curious. Using the X1, I can make the camera either fully upright or straight down at the ground but not midway (like 45 degrees). I want to make sure I can tilt to a minor degree to make sure that I am not seeing props. Is this the normal behavior?

SerialCoder said:
So I worked out my issue with the tilt on the gimbal (from another post (Thanks Mako!)) but now I am a facing something a bit curious. Using the X1, I can make the camera either fully upright or straight down at the ground but not midway (like 45 degrees). I want to make sure I can tilt to a minor degree to make sure that I am not seeing props. Is this the normal behavior?

You will need to install a control lever (about $10) on the back of your RC controller to enable exact control of your tilt. If you calibrate if after installation, the lever should control your degree of tilt fairly precisely.

I usually fly my camera with a 10 or 15 degree tilt to keep the props out of all of my video.

MT

See this post where you use a simple screw to stop the pitch midway to keep the props out. In the example here they talk about a mid-way 45 deg stop, but have have seen posts on this topic of using a stop screw to stop at about 6 degrees above horizon to keep the props out of the picture. I personally set mine tilt lever by visuals where I set it so the top visual area of the video frame is about 6 degrees above horizon. It seems to work for me without issues and I rarely get props in my videos unless I'm flying 45 to 72 mph. I also shoot at Medium or narrow FOV with the GoPro.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28702&p=263671

Start the Phantom assist. Under the GIMBAL settings, change the either the horizontal or vertical to a negative number (cant remember). I have mine on negative 10. This prevents the props being visible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj