H3-3D on phantom 2(old) [No Drill,No Cut] w/out new plate

Reaction score
Hi,
i've ordered my new h3-3d gimbal on B&H Photo last week and here it is on my desk now :)

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002_2.jpg

IMG_0003_2.jpg

IMG_0004_2.jpg

IMG_0009_2.jpg

IMG_0010_2.jpg

IMG_0007_2.jpg

IMG_0014_2.jpg

IMG_0005_2.jpg

---

8 x 3/8 faucet gasket(1 $)
4x prop Guard long screws
2x small zip tie
4x stock white dumpers

Re: H3-3D on phantom 2(old) [No Drill,No Cut] w/out new plat

Can you fix the pics? Is it just me? I can't quite see what you did here. The pictures are big and long. (That's what she said.)

fixed. sorry my mistake. thanks

I did exactly the same thing, except I saved the $1 on the washers as they were already in my miscellaneous plumbing parts bin in the garage. I suspect some Dremel jocks out there will look down their nose at this install, but it works for me just fine, and gives some interesting adjustability to the gimbal base plate, in the never-ending search for level horizon.

Kelly

csivet said:
fixed. sorry my mistake. thanks

no problem :)

So . . .
- are the zip ties there just in case? I'm not sure what they're doing.
- is there a standard size screw I can get somewhere local or are those prop guard screws something special?
- where did you mount that interference board?

Thanks!
Still not sure how I want to mount this thing.

Also, would you mind getting a picture of how you have your fpv transmitter mounted?

I'm looking at where I have everything right now (where it was with the 2D) and I'm going to have to rearrange my flytrex module and transmitter. Except the only logical place to move the transmitter is where the antenna would be right next to the compass and I don't want to do that. I might have to get one of those mounts that sticks out the back.

Thanks. Sorry to be a pain. I'm eager to get back in the air.

poostik said:
Also, would you mind getting a picture of how you have your fpv transmitter mounted?

I'm looking at where I have everything right now (where it was with the 2D) and I'm going to have to rearrange my flytrex module and transmitter. Except the only logical place to move the transmitter is where the antenna would be right next to the compass and I don't want to do that. I might have to get one of those mounts that sticks out the back.

Thanks. Sorry to be a pain. I'm eager to get back in the air.

img_0016_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

A word of advice...I had the same situation with an older Phantom 2. You really need to cut a hole using the baseplate as a template. Trace the circle then heat up an XACTO KNIFE and just cut it out...WHY? Because looking at your picture I can see the arms torquing which will cause a mis-alignment of the horizon in your stills and video. Just my 2 cents no criticism intended at all. :D

onthewave said:
A word of advice...I had the same situation with an older Phantom 2. You really need to cut a hole using the baseplate as a template. Trace the circle then heat up an XACTO KNIFE and just cut it out...WHY? Because looking at your picture I can see the arms torquing which will cause a mis-alignment of the horizon in your stills and video. Just my 2 cents no criticism intended at all. :D

thanks for ur advice but the picture you saw is a a temporary design. i ve ordered new h3-3d plate and long legs for old p2 and probably i will get them on monday. so, cutting and drilling p2 is so far for me :) i think everyone must do the same for old phantom 2. new plate and long legs are in stock on helipal.com now and its just $15..

csivet said:
i think everyone must do the same for old phantom 2. new plate and long legs are in stock on helipal.com now and its just $15..

Yep, I just got my mounting plate and longer legs and they both work great. It seems that the legs in that kit don't come with the little foam pads on the bottom (at least mine didn't anyway), but DJI sells those in a pack of 96 (!) for $3, so I have those on the way now as well.

Just got mine from B&H (for free, from their whole mixup). But I dremeled the hole a few weeks ago so I don't need it. I may keep it, I may sell it. Looks like pretty decent construction and a viable solution. Mine didn't come with the pads either. I have yet to see if it makes any difference in the case I have. They (the landing gear) don't look that much longer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl