H3-3D not leveled

Reaction score
My gimbal leans to the left after initialization, see picture attachement. I updated frimware on all components, P2, RC and gimbal. Any way to calibrate the gimbal to level it?

Attachments

• H3 gimbal.jpg
    H3 gimbal.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 686
telecam said:
My gimbal leans to the left after initialization, see picture attachement. I updated frimware on all components, P2, RC and gimbal. Any way to calibrate the gimbal to level it?
Hook your P2 upto the assistant software, place the P2 on a perfectly flat surface, and then do a basic and advanced IMU calibration. Also I have noticed with this gimbal even after doing the IMU calibrations right after turning it on it does some weird crap and sometimes settles not level, but after a short time or just taking off and flying it usually levels out quickly. It is best to check the level of the gimbal from the flight video. Either you can look at the distant horizon (if its flat) or video something you know is level, like the top of a roof edge. If those look level on the video you should be good.

Did you do Advanced IMU calibration, then recalibrate your X1 stick (tilit lever) in assistant software?

Yes, I tried that too but the gimbal is still acting up. It also keeps twitching and slowly drifting. It basically never worked out of the box. I am afraid it's going to be a pain to get it exchange, DJI customer service is absolutely dismal. They make good products but they couldn't care less about their customers, just 100% sales, 0% service. Thanks for your suggestions though.

If you grab the bottom back motor/silver part can you rotate it at all? If so you can tighten the set screw that's on the inside of the arm. I know after I had a crash I had to adjust the rotation and then tighten the set screw for it to be level again.

might be a bad gimbal. lots of going around it seems. DJI likes to have its customers serve also as the product testers...
in the software go to the gimbal window. do you see a box FPV... is it checked or unchecked. checking it makes the horizon roll for FPV. if its checked... UNCHECK it.. if it is unchecked. you may have a more serious issue that may require sending it back to manufacturer...

ohyeahnatan said:
I have the same problem
10296206_4391826331878_7816178558642952860_o.jpg

the shots from my gopro are not leveled

That's more of a fish eye issue vs an unleveled gimbal. Set your GoPro to 1080/30 medium.

To OP, reload your default settings from Tools page then do Advanced IMU calibration. Seems after firmware updates these issues pop up and by reloading defaults helps in most cases.

EMCSQUAR said:
ohyeahnatan said:
I have the same problem
10296206_4391826331878_7816178558642952860_o.jpg

the shots from my gopro are not leveled

That's more of a fish eye issue vs an unleveled gimbal. Set your GoPro to 1080/30 medium.
as you can see in thr photo, the end of the fish eye effect is not horizontally straight that was caused by my unleveled h3 3d. I'll take a picture of the gimbal with gopro later for you to see that it's slightly tilted to the left.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj