H3-3D, new, installed, not showing on phantom assistant

Reaction score
Ok,

So here's my issue and bare with my as I explain as much as possible for help.

I have a phantom 2 with Zen-Muse H3-3D Gimbal that crashed. The gimbal was bent to hell and taken off. That was the Phantom specific model with the interference board.

I bought a new Zen Muse H3-3D Gimbal at a hobby store and it was the "non-specific" version and came with a GCU unit and no interference board. I tried to hook it up a bunch of different ways and it has never worked. It doesn't function at all but does power/charge the Gopro.

I talked to the rep at the hobby store and he said that if I added the interference board, that it would work as normal. Did that, no change.

I did the "reset" both way with the different "reset" pins and it still does nothing.

I went into the phantom assistant and it does not show it's seeing the Zen-Muse H3-3D.

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point to make it communicate. I tried the calibrate on basic and advances and power cycled...No response.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Re: H3-#D, new, installed, not showing on phantom assistant

You need to plug micro usb into the GCU and download the GCU assistance.

Use Phantom Assistant 3.06 from the DJI website instead of 3.08, It will recognize and update the firmware of your H3-3D after reset. Let me know if that works.

I have hooked up to the phantom and downloaded 3.6 and did the advanced update and it did not work.

When doing the calibration, it tells me that the MC is overheating, but the MC is never on prior to the upgrade. Not sure why it's saying that. The MC is not even warm to the touch when turning it on.

When looking upgrade screen, it's still now showing in the upgrade tab that the Zen Muse gimbal exists now.

Any other ideas?

As I looked closer, it is not allowing me to restore to V3.08 to V3.06. How do I accomplish that?

Did you do the Gimbal reset properly?

ThePhantom said:
Hey QYV, I was afraid that might happen with mine, but went with it anyway. Mine was successful though. Here's what I did, and I did it again before posting to make sure:

Computer: Phantom Assistant is already running, USB unplugged from PC.

1. Turn Tx on
2. Using scissors, connected the 2 metal points from the H3-3D
3. Turned Phantom on, it initializes but H3-3D doesnt, it just plays dead but LED on H33D turns Amber (if not amber then that means the connection was not there)
4. While the Phantom is ON, I connect it to PC via USB cable. It then gets detected by the Assistant Software and then I do the FW upgrade. I do not click OK after the upgrade.
5. I power cycle after the upgrade is complete (put a gopro in it before doing so) and then it successfully initializes together with the Phantom 2.

Let me know if that works for you.

As I looked closer, it is not allowing me to restore to V3.08 to V3.06. How do I accomplish that?

You should just be able to reinstall v3.6 then upgrade the firmware in the 3.6 naza assistant.

If that dont work there are a few other ways to skin the hog. You can try downgrading to 1.8 and updateing the firmware in 1.8 Then reinstall 3.06 and the updates to the firmware.

and if that still dont work there is always the hard reset option to just flash the naza controller back to the earliest version of the firmware. To do a naza reset and wipe the firmware. you need to open the shell and need to jumper/ ie directly short the bottom pins on the f1 and f2 ports of the naza then power on while they are shorted then turn it off and remove the jumper and turn it back on again and then update to what ever version firmware you want or need.

NOTE to jumper the pins you can use any ting that is conductive. such as the blade of a screw driver or tweezers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues