H3 3D Gimbal Unresponsive - Resolved

Reaction score
Phantom 2 V2 Non Vision
3.08 Firmware

Installing a gimbal and FPV setup - Immersion 600, Mini IOSD, Black Pearl Monitor.

Installed everything and the first power up the gimbal twitched around. When I moved the wheel the movements on the gimbal were exaggerated. It didn't seem right.

Updated the firmware. It said to power cycle and now the gimbal does nothing when I power it on.
It came with an anti interference board and I believe I have it connected properly. I removed it (and the Immersion) from the equation but it made no difference.

No clue where to go from here. :(

Edit - I have calibrated the RC and Phantom and done an advanced IMU.

Re: H3 3D Gimbal Unresponsive - Need Some Help

Marlin009 said:
Phantom 2 V2 Non Vision
3.08 Firmware

Installing a gimbal and FPV setup - Immersion 600, Mini IOSD, Black Pearl Monitor.

Installed everything and the first power up the gimbal twitched around. When I moved the wheel the movements on the gimbal were exaggerated. It didn't seem right.

Updated the firmware. It said to power cycle and now the gimbal does nothing when I power it on.
It came with an anti interference board and I believe I have it connected properly. I removed it (and the Immersion) from the equation but it made no difference.

Check here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33502

Can you please post up the gimbal firmware. Needs to be latest.
Can you advise if the gimbal initiates? Or does it limp when you power on phantom. If limp, the you need to use tweezers and reset firmware.
Can you remove the RC assist and install new RC12 and caliabrate all sticks and sliders and repeat in the Phantom Assist.
Can you check if upgrade mode is selected.
Can you check if the advance > gimbal > Gains = 5, Vert = 0, and horizontal = 0.

Mako79 said:
Marlin009 said:
Phantom 2 V2 Non Vision
3.08 Firmware

Check here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33502

Can you please post up the gimbal firmware. Needs to be latest.
Can you advise if the gimbal initiates? Or does it limp when you power on phantom. If limp, the you need to use tweezers and reset firmware.
Can you remove the RC assist and install new RC12 and caliabrate all sticks and sliders and repeat in the Phantom Assist.
Can you check if upgrade mode is selected.
Can you check if the advance > gimbal > Gains = 5, Vert = 0, and horizontal = 0.

Thanks for the reply Mako.

Gimbal was 1....4 when I first looked at it, 1....6 was available, that's what I updated to.
Since the update the gimbal does not initiate, camera is getting power. Gimbal just hangs there.
Removed/downloaded/Reinstalled Phantom and RC assistants (3.6 and 1.2 respectively), calibrated, no change.
Upgrade controller is selected.
I believe that was what the gains showed, can't look at it right now but I'm sure it was.

On the upgrade screen, the gimbal is not listed any longer. It wasn't prior to reinstalling the assistants. It went away after the firmware update.

I saw the tweezer reset. Was amazed at the number of hits "unresponsive H3-3D" returned. I'm a little leery of doing this reset, at least at this point.

Just got off the phone with DJI. He gave me this link to resolve the problem.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=866

I told him that I had not updated the main board firmware from 3.08 to 3.12. He said to do that first as they may be out of sync with only updating the gimbal firmware.
Does make sense. As much as I don't want to go to 3.12 I'd rather do that than try to short out the leads on the gimbal. :shock:

We shall see.

Well I got brave on the way home and reset the gimbal with a paperclip.

I found this video, followed it to the T and it worked. Took me two tries, I don't think I had the circuit the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knVigBCbVzU

Now to fit the IOSD and cambus inside. :cool:

I'm gonna check that out Marlin009 thanks. I'm still waiting for the new ribbon cable to arrive. If I resolve the issue, i will post it here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues