H3-3D Gimbal noise at rest (humming)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have seen some people asking about the 'humming noise' from the Gimbal at rest - and others replying that it's normal:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28856&p=264757&hilit=noise#p264757
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29038&p=266839&hilit=noise#p266839

However I am a bit concerned and took a video, just to make sure we're referring to the same noise. Could you please take a look and let me know if it's normal?

http://youtu.be/XzAg-XvjShg

Other than that it's performing very well. Super pleased with the video.

Thanks in advance. Jack.

Mine does exactly the same thing only much worse. I can even feel my phone vibrate and if i put my hand on the camera. It can't be good for image quality.

Mine did the exact same thing. Could hear it on video at rest as well. I was told by dealer it was normal. Definitely not an issue in the air but it is annoying.

Like all of DJI products, I think there is some variance in how loud they are, but they all seem to do it to a degree. You may luck out with a different one that is quieter, but I'd just fly.

jack are you familiar with the concept of 'neutral balance' and confirmed that your gimbal/gopro are neutrally balanced correctly? If they are not, that could be why the motors are running/whining all the time... my H3-3D did it with my Hero 3+ until I balanced it properly. check out this post I just made, yours might not be imbalanced on the same axis but the principle is the same
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33255&start=10#p306882

Hey QYV, apologies for the delayed response. Yes, even when I balance it the noise remains. I tried doing all the calibrations etc. when balanced. Didn't make a difference.

I also contacted the dealer, who was happy to bring it to DJI for me. However, it's just too much of a risk and hassle to do it when the video quality is unaffected. I just hope the noise isn't a symptom of a serious problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik