H3-3D Gimbal No Response

Reaction score
I fried my H3-3D troubleshooting FPV wiring and the gimbal began to smoke. I sent the gimbal in to DJI and its taken quite some time. I just bought a new H3-3D so I would have an extra one. However when I plugged it in it was fairly glitchy and now it doesn't attempt to adjust. I can still hear a faint power noise inside the gimbal but I'm a bit lost at what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I believe that I also fried my gimbal after rewiring the FPV Hub ... Though I am still curious if it's the gimbal because I am able to get a video feed across it

Is it more than likely that only the gimbal was damaged and not some internal circuitry inside the phantom ?

just a quick heads up, only the h3-3d gimbal was burned up in my experience as i bought a new one and it worked fine with my phantom 2

erek said:
just a quick heads up, only the h3-3d gimbal was burned up in my experience as i bought a new one and it worked fine with my phantom 2

Glad you got it working, at least it wasn't anything on the Phantom (that happens sometimes with miswiring the hub).

Do you still have the bad gimbal? And does it power on at all?

OI Photography said:
erek said:

Glad you got it working, at least it wasn't anything on the Phantom (that happens sometimes with miswiring the hub).

Do you still have the bad gimbal? And does it power on at all?

Yes, I still have the bad gimbal, and it seemed to pass video through it, but it was dead otherwise in terms of moving around at all

OI Photography said:
Did you happen to see what the Upgrade page in the Phantom assistant showed after this problem started, and whether the gimbal displayed there as being recognized?

While it may be a lost cause, you can give this reset process a shot and see if it helps: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=11

I attempted this procedure to the best of my knowledge and noticed a green flash of the LED in the gimbal for a microsecond each time i tried it while powering on the phantom. I do not recall if the gimbal showed up in the assistant software and i am unable to check because the dead gimbal is in a different location from where i am now

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj