H3-3D Gimbal Hero Tilt not working

Reaction score
I'm new to the Phantom2/h3-3d and in an effort not to send this unit back to B&H I thought I would give this a shot. I have updated all firm ware to the latest inlcuding the RC, and everything is checked green...good to go. I have calibrated the RC and all seems fine there. The hero points forward like it's suppose to but the tilt on the RC is not registering on the software nor is it working the actual tilt on the gimbal. Any thoughts or cures for this. I have read everything possible that I am aware of... I tried calling DJI but due to high call volumes I get disconnected which in itself does not sound good for a new user. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

saycheese4me said:
I'm new to the Phantom2/h3-3d and in an effort not to send this unit back to B&H I thought I would give this a shot. I have updated all firm ware to the latest inlcuding the RC, and everything is checked green...good to go. I have calibrated the RC and all seems fine there. The hero points forward like it's suppose to but the tilt on the RC is not registering on the software nor is it working the actual tilt on the gimbal. Any thoughts or cures for this. I have read everything possible that I am aware of... I tried calling DJI but due to high call volumes I get disconnected which in itself does not sound good for a new user. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Have you calibrated the X1 in the Assistant App?

Yes.. and it did nothing, but good news is... I got a hold of someone at DJI and they told me to send everything back to B&H to swap it out with a new unit. B&H gave me a Return label so I should get a new one sometime next week. Guess it was a bad batch of Phantoms/Gimbals. He appeared to be aware of the problem as well as B&H. Thanks for checking though!!

I had this problem yesterday after calibrating my RC.

Try calibrating the RC again, in the RC software, not the phantom software.
Whilst calibrating the sticks, move X1 as well and see if it responds on screen.

If it does, head over to the phantom software and then recalibrate X1. Do it slowly and you should get a response from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1nuzz said:
I had this problem yesterday after calibrating my RC.

Whilst calibrating the sticks, move X1 as well and see if it responds on screen.

This is the important part that everyone leaves out. When you calibrate the sticks, you can also do the x1. I was trying to do it with the box on the right by itself. It does say x1 calibration, but that never helped me. Made it worse. Not sure that makes sense, but I accidentely hit it when doing the sticks and it registered. So I moved it back and forth and it did fix my issue. My gimbal was toast though and I had to send it back, but that's another issue.

Hi

Im in South AFrica - Can tell you that this is an issue with the controller and the actual potentiometer in the actual controller on the X1 switch. I had the issue as did 7 other users. The dealer took the issue up with DJI and they issued new controls for all of us. This is a known issue with DJI. I suggest taking the matter up with the supplier that you got your drone from.

I was advised by DJI to open the controller and the while the back is off - connect to the Controller software to try see if the calibration of the X1 pod shows up on the screen. Did nothing - even when i had a micro screw driver in the actual pod slot rotating left to right - This would indicate that actual potentiometer that activates the X1 movement on the stick is faulty.

Hope it helps

having the same no-tilt issue w brand-new 3D...
Appreciate the info here!
will try some of these ideas too

Stu
Alaska

Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 09 15:04

Dear Sir,

Please kindly send it in for service.
The gimbal IMU is missing.

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

1.As attached, try to wire it up(using a cable or conductor) that two point
2.Power on your phantom and you might find the light in the gimbal turn red
3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
4.Remove the wire and update that IMU
5.Power Cycle
If you try, please let me know if it works.

Best Regards.
buse4azy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj